Archery Talk Forum banner

What did you forget to take hunting?

958 Views 33 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  WIbow
Last Saturday was opening day of archery season. About 20 minutes after daylight I realized I forgot my license.:eek: I was a good boy and left the woods to get it. 8 years ago I shot a doe only to realize I left my knife at home. It was 3/4 mile walk to my dads house to get 1. Has this ever happened to you?
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
15,256 Posts
I have never forgot anything I put everything in my pack and it stays there till season is over

· Registered
750 Posts
I forgot my release once about 10 years ago. I forgot extra flashlight batteries once, shot a deer in the evening and my flashlight died while tracking it, over a mile away from camp. That was a long walk in the dark.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I forgot my release a few years back.:embara: Lets just say that has never happened again. Probably gonna throw and extra one in my backpack too.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
Lol

My dad forgot broadheads one time.:darkbeer: It was his first time out for the season a couple years back.:tongue:

· Registered
515 Posts
I dont think I have ever forgot anything. My hunting partner always seems to forget his release though. I keep all my stuff in my pouch.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I left for an antelope hunt two years ago without my bow:eek:

Thank God I was only a couple miles away when I realized it.

· Registered
15,694 Posts
I think i have forgot everything at least once. I haven't forgot my bow but i had to open the shop back up after i started my truck when i left the other night to head out. luckily i didn't forget that one. I've forgot my licence, gloves, hats, jackets, knifes, releases, you name it.

· Registered
158 Posts
here is a good one for you! six miles back in and I reilized I left my moose tag in the truck. lets just say I went into squirrle hunting mode:sad: I forgot my bow last year had to rage back to the house to get it. killed an antelope that day. forgot to bring my mad skills into the woods many many times. :wink: thats why they call me launch!

· Registered
1,184 Posts
forgot

Opening day forgot my rangefinder, luck for me i shoot there all summer new how far the doe was when she walked out. 1 down 2 to go

· *Chick Repellent*
21,419 Posts
I don't have any good "forget" stories as far as archery, but one gun season I drove all the way to my hunting spot, was about to leave to truck to head to my stand, then realized I forgot my bullets at home. haha :D :D

· Have bow will travel
823 Posts
Forgot my knife one year and killed a doe that night. My broadhead did the trick though:wink:
Done that. Thunderhead 125's have a great blade on them:wink:

I have forgotten my release several times, Binocs several times, Rangefinder often, Flashlight - had dead batteries many times, camera, rope, I forgot to grab my boots and had to hunt in sneakers once(I dress in my hunting clothes at the truck on site), and I am sure there is more. I stock a fannypack and roll, but my kids have "borrowed" several items without returning them. The release, binos, rangefinder are all on me though:embara:

I have never forgot my bow or arrows at least... Not yet. This doesn't even begin to list the "honey do's" that I forgot during deer season. There is not enough bandwidth to list those....:zip:

· Registered
113 Posts
After a couple decent frosts last week, I forgot(decided not to take) my Thermacell on Saturday. BAD idea! They ate me up. I was at full draw on a nice doe, and had one biting me right next to my eye.

Never did get that shot off. I'll blame it on the mosquito. :wink:

· Registered
718 Posts
I'll only do this year, Thermocell, bow rope, and flash light. Not to bad though never have forgot anything major(bow, arrows, release).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.