Archery Talk Forum banner

What do Bowtech's max out at (over/under)?

574 Views 23 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  bowjunkie2
Curious to know what the Bowtech's poundage typically maxes at, compared to the limb rating....interested in ordering a Sentinel, and want to know what limbs to get.

In other words, does a "60# bow" max a little over/under?

I'm also wondering what changes in tuning might alter this. Im not too familiar with binary cams, but are there cases in the setup/tuning that play into this. So if I get a 60# and back it off to 54#, what will I gain, lose, or be limited to? If I get a 50#er that maxes at 54, what happens if I change the stops, letoff, etc.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
Every Bowtech I have seen has been within 2 lbs. from the factoryand within ounces of the Birth certificate.

Even if it is off a pound or 2 a twist or un twist of the cables will give you what you want. :)

· Registered
1,230 Posts
I've owned four different models and everyone came in at 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. over. Was in the shop Friday and looked at several bows (maybe 10) and all but one came in at 1/2 to 1 1/2 over. The one execption was 1 lb under.

hd

· Registered
445 Posts
'08 70# Alley maxes right at 71#.

Most Bowtech I have seen max out at or over peak draw weight. I have seen very few under.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
So, I think the shot answer is yes, they go over a bit. Just a few lbs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.