Discussion Starter #7
more please

the end of this poll will tell me which bow to buy next

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
need to know draw weight draw length

what 3d venue?

how fast do you expect your 3D boww to be??

there are trade offs. to get 3D speed usually means 60 lbs or more depending on draw length. with protec means spiral cams which are aggressive to get speed.

which means it's not the best for spots, easier to hold 50 than 60
lbs and easier to draw cam.5 vice spirals.

for field known yardage speed isn't an advantage skinny arrows and a good sight tape is. Again cam.5 and 50 some lbs is a good combo.

for wht is listed the ultra tec cam .5 is a good all around bow. how much lbs depends on draw length. if you 28 amo or better a 60 lb bow will get you good 3d speed with the correct spine arrow.

it can also be turned down for filed and spots if need be.

i had a 2002 martin cougar and it was not as smooth as my ultraeiliet

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
love those tips

i short a 28 in d.l and like it at 55 lbs right know i have a martin cougar lll elite x fury cam and a protec all targets colors

iam looking for 1 bow to do all my martin is set up for 3-d

what do u guys think

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Pro Tec with 2000s and spirals will do it all and then some as will an Ultra Tec. The Pro Tec I shot could get over 290 at 27 3/4 and I wasn't shooting 5 grains.:eek:

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Of the ones you mentioned I'd go with the Cougar III NOSX. I had a Cougar III, and loved it, also had a RazorX with NitrousX cams and believe me they are the real deal, if you want to take your bows accuracy to the next level a shoot through cam system is the way to go. The Martin limb pockets are super solid, and the Martin grip is all about promoting accuracy. Not to mention the great support you get with owning a Martin bow, the guys out in Walla Walla are as good as it gets.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
TREESTANDSNYPER said:
Of the ones you mentioned I'd go with the Cougar III NOSX. I had a Cougar III, and loved it, also had a RazorX with NitrousX cams and believe me they are the real deal, if you want to take your bows accuracy to the next level a shoot through cam system is the way to go. The Martin limb pockets are super solid, and the Martin grip is all about promoting accuracy. Not to mention the great support you get with owning a Martin bow, the guys out in Walla Walla are as good as it gets.
I would pretty much agree with Treestandsnyper here. If you already have a Cougar III you are using for 3D going to the shoot though would really increase it accuracy. You may have the fury-X cams already on, I wasn't sure from your postings. I personally wouldn't want any target bow without the Nitrous-X system.

Now, I have owned the Fury cams and I wasn't too impressed mainly because of their lack of draw adjustment. The Nitrous is a much better cam. However, if you are considering simply changing the cams, you may find some pit falls. I would check your limb numbers and see where the poundage is going.

Another plus for a Martin bow is you do not need a bow press to disassemble. I have never tried it, but I have been told that.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
martin

x cam on a cougar or any martin could do 3-d,indoors targets , and feild ....what about hunting

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Heck yeah the NitrousX cams work great for hunting! Just have to load the arrows in reverse/front to back for obvious reasons(so you don't cut the cables). One word describes the Nitrous cams, versatile.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would go with a protec with xt 2000 lims and spirals for 3d and fields and cam 1/2 or weel 1/2 for spots

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
If you are going to buy a new bow I would recommend the Bowtech Constitution or Hoyt Ultra or Pro Tec Cam 1/2 50-60 lbs.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
What Brown Hornet said

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks

iam leaning to a martin x cam but why some many with votes hoyt ..cam lean ,no shot thought ,not true center

and i have a protec and a just sold my supertec

·
Registered
205 Posts
Deezlin said:
I would pretty much agree with Treestandsnyper here. If you already have a Cougar III you are using for 3D going to the shoot though would really increase it accuracy. You may have the fury-X cams already on, I wasn't sure from your postings. I personally wouldn't want any target bow without the Nitrous-X system.

Now, I have owned the Fury cams and I wasn't too impressed mainly because of their lack of draw adjustment. The Nitrous is a much better cam. However, if you are considering simply changing the cams, you may find some pit falls. I would check your limb numbers and see where the poundage is going.

Another plus for a Martin bow is you do not need a bow press to disassemble. I have never tried it, but I have been told that.
I prefer Fury-X cams, because I can feel the wall clearer than Nitrous-X.
This is just my first opinion..
MY cougar has furx-cam, and Scepter has Nitrous-X...
But, I always have bad grouping spreading up and down with Nitrous-X, when I shoot at 70m or 90m.
However it's very smoother to full Nitorux-X than Fury-X.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,525 Posts
I know the Cougar III magnum nitrousX B cam will kill deer, foam and X's.

A "B" cam Cougar should go about 290 at 28", 55 lbs, 5+ grains per pound.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts