Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just want your thoughts on turbonocks i have been shooting them for about a year now and really like them....i am just wondering what everyone else thinks...hehe
Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
450 Posts
I always here good things from the people using them but i'm not sure what would happen on a pass through on a deer would they go through or pop off when they hit the deer, i would use them for target or 3d.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cannot comment about its use in bowhunting as we cannot do it here :(
Have been using them a coupla months on my alum arrows Easton Maxxums and X7s for indoor target.
Very convinced of the Turbos..tighter groups than with the conventional kurlys...snap to replace too:)
Just ordered the HTX...could'nt wait to fix on my ACCs to try them outdoors at 50m 70m and 90m.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Worth every penny

Yeah, they are expensive, yeah you need to use a dropaway but the results are fantastic.

On my hunting bow I switched from magnocks to turbos when I couldn't get used to the buzz after the shot. I'm really glad I did. Groups are tighter, speed is up, confidence at an all time high.

The only downside is the cost. Since changing to them last week I've gone through 14 nocks. That's over $20.00. Last night, for example, I was shooting 3 arrow groups at 30 yards to warm up, and broke one everytime I shot an end. The nice thing is you take them off and put a new one on, no refletching, no time lost. So I moved to 40 yards, and broke one almost every end. So I moved to 50 yards and was able to shoot about 10 ends without breaking one. Granted I am thrilled to be smacking arrows at 40 yards, however, I have a pile of turbos that are useless.

As far as passthroughs go, they will definitely come off on the side of the deer. I don't see the downside to this.

I ordered two more dozen this morning.

Jim G,

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
I think TN's are awesome!
I love the DeadX for 3D.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I loved the way they shot but I had two issues with them....
They made too much noise with broadheads and they were too fragile.I'm not talking about hitting nocks,I mean they broke on impact.This could have been caused by shipping damage though.
Shooting them through a Whisker Biscuit I was getting 251fps.When I went to a launcher with vanes,the speed upped to 280.

·
Registered
57 Posts
oh yes...the turbos of mine do break quite a lot...due to me shooting groups...hehe..but i just love to see them groups....turning into a groupie junkie:eek:
have already broke 7 of my dozen...not to worry also ordered 2doz DeadX and HTX as well.

After reading the other posts..will go out tomorrow to shoot the field targets ..actually wanted to wait for the HTX to fit my ACCs to do that......wonder if they will fly as well at 50m to 90m?
...with my X7s.
Will find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a little advice

welp....when it comes to turbos i invested in some three spot targets so i am not hitting arrows together. therefore not breaking turbos.
Dustin

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hunting with turbos

I shot a doe last year with a tubo and it popped right off. I would recommend them to anyone using a drop away.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
QXL
I love that avatar it reminds me of me at the firing line.:D

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I've been using Turbo Nocks ever since Nick Snook sent me three of his Original Proto-types. I'm happy to say that I have never enjoyed sooting a product as much as I have the Turbo Nocks and I'm glad to see more archers doing the same.

In all of my testing I found that even the slightest amount of rest contact will cause the Turbo Nock to break on impact, so I am very anal about setting up the rest to perfection! I do that by "painting" the Turbo Nocks with bright colored lipstick and shooting the bow. Any contact of any kind will be shown by the telltale lipstick.

Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
What to do with broken turbos

I'm not bragging here, in fact I'm just happy as hell. Second (two arrow) end from 50 yards lastnight killed my last two Turbos; both on one shot, that's how close they are grouping.

So now what, 12 turbos in less than a week from 30, 40, 50yards, three arrow ends.

I don't have any more turbos (c'mon mail) so I'll go blind-bale for a while. Orrrrr, let me see, if I take the vane off opposite from the one broken they will be balanced again, but with only two vanes..hmmmmm. Twenty yards I couldn't see much difference, 30 yards mayyyybe a bit bigger group, and about 2" high, 40 yards, slightly larger group, and about 4" high.

My 50 yard practice will become 60 yards very soon. I painted a 4-3/4" circle on a paperplate to be my FITA 10 ring. 50 yards I'm about 9 out of 10. Again I'm not a braggard, but I'm shooting way better than ever before, and I feel the Turbos are part of the reason.

Jim G,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys have you tried shooting the broken turbo's i have found that i can still shoot turbo's with 2 vanes and they will fly right with the 4 van turbos' so keep shooting them until you get more....
Dustin Yocom

·
Registered
455 Posts
great idea, yokedog

why didn't I think of that, LOL!!!!!!:D :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh yes..at 18m indoor..my 1, 2, 3, and 4 vane and No vane are still grouping well :)
Seems wierd but they still work.
Maybe don't need to purchase new ones until they are smashed :D
Nah...just does'nt seem right without the full vanes....
as it is..fellow archers are giving me funny looks :D :D :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
funny looks

yeah i love it when guys come up and ask with a puzzled look what the heck are those things...and where are your vanes...hehe:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
We shot one with no vanes at Atlantic City last year at 40yds and it grouped. I still do not believe it.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
wow.........half his age and twice the smarts......this kid's gonna go far.

way to go, age13hunter, ya dun good kid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts