Archery Talk Forum banner

what do u guys think of turbonocks

1793 26
Hey guys just want your thoughts on turbonocks i have been shooting them for about a year now and really like them....i am just wondering what everyone else thinks...hehe
Thanks,
Dustin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Worth every penny

Yeah, they are expensive, yeah you need to use a dropaway but the results are fantastic.

On my hunting bow I switched from magnocks to turbos when I couldn't get used to the buzz after the shot. I'm really glad I did. Groups are tighter, speed is up, confidence at an all time high.

The only downside is the cost. Since changing to them last week I've gone through 14 nocks. That's over $20.00. Last night, for example, I was shooting 3 arrow groups at 30 yards to warm up, and broke one everytime I shot an end. The nice thing is you take them off and put a new one on, no refletching, no time lost. So I moved to 40 yards, and broke one almost every end. So I moved to 50 yards and was able to shoot about 10 ends without breaking one. Granted I am thrilled to be smacking arrows at 40 yards, however, I have a pile of turbos that are useless.

As far as passthroughs go, they will definitely come off on the side of the deer. I don't see the downside to this.

I ordered two more dozen this morning.

Jim G,

·
Registered
455 Posts
What to do with broken turbos

I'm not bragging here, in fact I'm just happy as hell. Second (two arrow) end from 50 yards lastnight killed my last two Turbos; both on one shot, that's how close they are grouping.

So now what, 12 turbos in less than a week from 30, 40, 50yards, three arrow ends.

I don't have any more turbos (c'mon mail) so I'll go blind-bale for a while. Orrrrr, let me see, if I take the vane off opposite from the one broken they will be balanced again, but with only two vanes..hmmmmm. Twenty yards I couldn't see much difference, 30 yards mayyyybe a bit bigger group, and about 2" high, 40 yards, slightly larger group, and about 4" high.

My 50 yard practice will become 60 yards very soon. I painted a 4-3/4" circle on a paperplate to be my FITA 10 ring. 50 yards I'm about 9 out of 10. Again I'm not a braggard, but I'm shooting way better than ever before, and I feel the Turbos are part of the reason.

Jim G,

·
Registered
455 Posts
What do I think of Turbos?

I just wish I could have got a picture of the vegas 3x I shot on the previous end....from 30 yards.

Jim G,

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Stick-d!ck Sniper has done more for Turbos...

...in the last day than we all have tried to do in on month!! Thanks Stick-d!ck. I was able to re-read all the nice informative posts from well educated, competent archers (except you, of course) and am interested to hear their comments.

I doubt my success is extaordinary on the grand scale, but to me, a group that is this tight is an accomplishment.

Jim G,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.