Archery Talk Forum banner

what do u think?

475 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MO Hunt 
#1 ·
i dont want to open pandora's box but i want to ask some for opinions, i want to shoot a broadhead that is fixed blade, but flies like my field points soo heres what i have been considering, offer your experience and how they flew please

Crimson Talon 100 gr
G5 Montec 100gr
G5 Striker 100 gr
ABC Sonics 100 Gr
other recommendations are good too

#4 · (Edited)
bucktail said:
Ditto.......and BTW - pandora's box has been opened :)
Definitely. The problem is, he might need them this year. Mine have been on order since June, and haven't come in yet. I used Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts. They hit where my target points hit. This is the last week of the season.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I would not reccomend the crimson talon for durability reasons. Since the blades are curved it makes them substantially weaker than say a striaght blade. They have been prone to bending and breaking in some cases. I shot a few last year and had a few break and if you are not careful when you pull them out of the target without twisting them they will bend. Other than that they shot pretty good on most of my bows excpet my turbo tech. Seemed they wanted to get a mind of there own once I got to the faster bows.:wink:

#7 ·
I chose Montec 100's this year because I wanted an indestructable broadhead that I could resharpen myself easily. I'm done with replaceable blade broadheads.

#8 ·
Shot Montecs the last two years and they fly great. BUT, no blood trails to be had. They just didn't give me good holes. This year I got Slicktricks and holy cow do they fly awsome. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.