Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the shop on Saturday and the tech tells me that the limb deflection isn’t right. He shimmed my cams but we still couldn’t get the cams straight.

Thinking I’d like to get some new limbs. My bow is a 2010 XLR and I’m not sure I can get new ones from Elite (haven’t heard back after sending an email). Are there “aftermarket” or custom limb makers or something?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
i had a set made by Barnsdale, i had a custom deflection made for my 2008 XXL, "i wanted a 45# max" i believe he use to make limbs for Elite as well..

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Most of the 2010 bows used the same limb configuration. You might be able to find a set in the classifieds. What do you mean that the deflection isn't right? Cam lean in itself is not necessarily a problem. Are you trying to fix a problem?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m probably not describing the issue correctly. The pro shop was helping me tune the bow and we had a persistent left-side tear. Found that the cam lean was extreme. He showed me how the string completely crossed the reference arrow on the bottom end while the top end was kind of parallel. I don’t understand it all very well...

In any case, we shimmed the cams as much as he could. I have been thinking about refinishing my now and thought maybe a new set of limbs would be indicated as well.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,140 Posts
What deflection do you need?

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
I’ve got some( barnsdale) 13” 220 deflection for a 2012 Pure.
I bought them before I got the bow thinking I’d need 40-50lb limbs but these limbs are so smooth I don’t need them . $180
Mistake.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about the deflection. I’ll talk to my shop and see what I need to match my current setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts