Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used single sliders, multi pins, etc.

I am setting up a new bow and I am looking to tap into the vast wisdom of AT.

My type of hunting is tree stand over mixed cover,field edges. My typical shot is 30 yards. I do get some long pokes at 40 yards.

My set up will be Hoyt Katera XL. LD rest, Carbon Express Term lites.

What site would ya use with this set up?

Koz

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,119 Posts
Ken,

I have made the switch to HHA single pin slider sights. Unobstructed field of view with just that one pin and if I need to reach out further, a turn of the dial and I can shoot further if need be.

Very impressed with the single pin sights made by HHA.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Like the single pin sight and the HHA is a good sight for hunting. I used to set my sight at 30 yards and i could shoot 20 or 40 yards as well.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
I prefer a multi-pin sight like the axcel armortech. If horizontal pins obstruct your view than there is always Vital Gear or Trophy ridge sights that have diagonal and vertical pins respectively.

:izza:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
One pin slider. No confusion as what pin to use. If you have multiple pins you will eventually use the wrong pin. I know of no one who hasn't that isn’t lying. HHA is a good one. Sword makes a better one not as bright though. I can use my slider out to forty yards sighted in at 25, you just put the pin on the top of the back if you don’t have time to slide.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,065 Posts
I like fixed multi pins I really like xtreme as they are so easy to swap fibers out and are hardy! Less moving parts is a good thing and any fixed multi pin out there needs only be locked in and never worried about again!

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
My vote is for a single pin slider and the two id suggest are Sword Centurion or Spott Hogg Tommy Hogg. Dont waste your money on a single pin sight that has no 2nd or 3rd axis adjustment!!!!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Sword Twilight hunter for me i love it.. Tough, bright and down right awesome..

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,673 Posts
give SWORD

a good look, many folks seem to pass on these and I'm not quite sure why - they are rock solid on the riser, tough in the field, I had mine customized with .019 bright fiber and everyone on the range wants to know why I leave a light on all the time - I DON'T - :shade:

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
18,779 Posts
What sight would I use?

Spot Hogg

Hogg-It with wrap, the small guard and a 3/16 peep. Definitely my favorite sight set up.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i have had the hha now i have the tommy hogg,the hha is a very good sight but the tommy hogg is a tack driver. good luck both are great sights imo

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
None is best. Everything else is just an aiming point and anything will do there as long as it narrows down the target. The larger the pin the bigger the spot your aiming at, not good too a point.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
a good look, many folks seem to pass on these and I'm not quite sure why - they are rock solid on the riser, tough in the field, I had mine customized with .019 bright fiber and everyone on the range wants to know why I leave a light on all the time - I DON'T - :shade:
+1 swords are really nice its an extreme on steroids.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the indestructable and super bright Spot-Hogg's! The Hunter Hogg-It is my fav! :shade:

·
SouthPaw
5,478 Posts
One pin slider. No confusion as what pin to use. If you have multiple pins you will eventually use the wrong pin. I know of no one who hasn't that isn’t lying. HHA is a good one. Sword makes a better one not as bright though. I can use my slider out to forty yards sighted in at 25, you just put the pin on the top of the back if you don’t have time to slide.
. +1.....I'm with you on this one sir, 1pin shooter...the only other thing I would add to this is check out vitalbowgear sights....well built and super bright, I've been using the startrack sight they got since it first came out a few years ago....I keep putting the same sight on every new bow I get, never had a problem once...don't see a reason to switch, but if I wasn't using this sight ...I would be using hha sights......

Tim

·
Registered
215 Posts
I love the HHA sliders.I use a crosshair not the pin.I don't see any crosshair sights in their line up now,all single pins.Like to get a new one with crosshairs sometime.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts