Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what y'all think. The shop I shoot for is geared to bowhunters. (I shoot open) and am the only one. I would like to try and shoot for the manufacturing company of my bow. The only problem with that I can see is, I think the shop owner might drop me if I try this. Any suggestions? Thanks for your replys.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Ask the shop owner. I would say if you really know the shop owner well and have developed a really good friendship, stick with the shop owner. I believe you should always stay loyal for those you shoot for and know. Don't let things like greed/money take you away from something you like.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
A few things to think about Hillbilly,
I have also been somewhat down this road also,
You need to look at your involvment with your local shop what is your value to them in the shop or local area,
having you shoot major tourniments far away or out of state really doesent do much for thier buisness, do you shoot locally?, do you help out at the shop or voulenteer your time when they are busey, or help other archers with in the best intrest of the shop ?
There is many ways that a local shop can be soo valuable, are you only shooting for them for what you can get out of them discount wise or are you loyal to what they do for you and return the loyalty?
As far as shooting for a factory sponsorship, and bein a shop shooter also, does the shop carry that brand of bow,?
If you truley return the loyalty to the shop just because you are fully sponsered by a company shouldnt hurt the shop, because they really dont make anything on you for profit,
Bow company factory sponsorships come and go and can be short term,
while local shop sponsorships can and should be long term.
Hope i gave ya something to think about;)
Ken

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shop help

Ken; Thank you for the answer I was looking for. I shoot both local and major 3D events.( every weekend) Whenever possible I talk up the shop and the bow I am using. I help out at the shop whenever I can, with tunning bows, cutting arrows. helping customers with their archery needs. From the beginning I have expected nothing in return, and expect to pay full price whenever I purchess something from the shop. (He give me a discounts on things) knowing I am willing to pay full price. I help and shoot for thisshop because i love what I'm doing. Thank you again for the answer.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts