Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you expect your arrow to do?

What do you expect your broadhead to do?

What do you expect your bow to do?

What do you expect your arrow rest to do?

What do you expect your sight to do?

My thoughts on equipment;
All I want is for the bow/arrow system to be consistent and put the arrow where I'm aiming. Anything less is unacceptable. It should be quiet enough not to spook game. It should fit well enough that it becomes an appendage. My arrows have to be consistent for spine and weight and group with all the others, or they become relegated to tomato stakes or kids arrows.

Broadheads, I want to stay in one piece, fly well, put a hole through two organs (lung lobe, liver, heart), and leave me a good enough blood trail to follow a short ways. If need be, I can take care of the sharp aspect.

Arrow rest. All I want mine to do is to hold the arrow in the same place every time and be quiet. If the right arrow is chosen I've never come across an instance where fletch clearance was a problem that couldn't be solved. Same with the bow sight. Rock solid.

I think that I could easily come up with a half dozen manufactures and models of each item that would suit my needs.:)

What do you expect?

·
74,535 Posts
Clean harvest kills

I will have my bow shooting pin point accurate.:wink:

I will have sharp good qaulity broadheads

I want my arrows carbon tough for pass through shots if possiable. Goldtips have never let me down yet.

I like my rest tough to take some knocks, Trophy Taker fuills that void.

Most of all that I have confidence when the time comes my equipments going to do the job well.
DB

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
BOW-I expect my bow to be tough!
I don't want any little pieces breaking during a hunt and I don't want to worry about something not being tough enough.
SIGHT-I expect to be able to cinch bolts down without them stripping out, so I know they won't move in transport or on the hunt. I don't want pieces that will bend or break if the get bumped by a tree or hung up on brush.
ARROWS-I expect my arrows to consistently hit together at all distances.
BROADHEADS-I expect my broadheads to be sharp, to be able to shoot them into targets 100's of times without them bending or having a problem with not spinning true. I want my broadhead to either have replaceable blades or be able to resharpen quickly.
REST- I expect it to perform the same function every time consistently and hold the arrow in place without making noise.

I expect the entire package to fit me and be quiet enough that I don't worry about it. It should be an extension of me where I am confident in each shot, whether the first shot for hunting, or the 101st shot for targets.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'll answer all those questions with one blanket statement- I want everything to work as a unit that will put the arrow where it belongs regardless of how poorly executed the shot was!:wink:

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
What do you expect your arrow to do?
Go where the pin is aiming.

What do you expect your broadhead to do?
Open and make the animal bleed.

What do you expect your bow to do?
Not break.

What do you expect your arrow rest to do?
Drop before the fletchings get there......everytime.

What do you expect your sight to do?
Make pin brightness last to the end of legal shooting light.

That's all I have to say about that. :)

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
My bow has to launch an arrow accurate and fast enough to kill game.

My arrows have to fly accurate enough and hold enough energy to hit and pass through game.

Broadheads have to cut a big enough hole to put game down quickly.

and my rest has to keep an arrow on my bow even if i move it around alot.

That's about all i want in a nutshell

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I expect perfection on all of the above!!!

Recently I tried a different brand arrow other than EASTON. When I ordered a dozen and shot them for 3 weeks the spine on the carbon actually warped and the arrows would not spin true. $100+ bucks down the tube.

I went back to EASTON and asked myself why do I ever consider changing???

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,363 Posts
What do you expect?
I expect my bow to alert me to an elk that's within 100 yards, just like my horse would do.

Actually I expect out of my bow and setup exactly what I put into it. Nothing more, and nothing less. The last thing I want is something that is doing something I haven't asked it to do.....or not doing what I expect it to. Computers really irritate me, vehicles that talk would really irritate me, automatic transmissions really irritate me.

As long as it all works together as I have set it up, then I'm OK with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts