Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has always wanted a bear claw necklace, so I decided to make one for him and one for myself. After I made them both my brother and wife thought I should try to make a few and sell them. What do you think? Could I sell them for $25 or so. I think they are nice, but have no idea if people would buy them. This one is the biggest one that I made, and the claw is about 1.75" long.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:ROFLMAO: I would buy one but only for about five or ten bucks. Now if the claws are from a bear you shot.....;)
yeah kind of what I figured, unfortunately the claws alone cost $12-$20 dollars. Fake claws are much cheaper, but kind of ruin the authenticity of the necklace.

· Registered
133 Posts
I would seriously check with your state regulations before you ebay these or try to market them ! ..May save ya some jail time !
true thing here. there are often game laws that govern personal use vs profit use and you often have to show chains of custody type thing when dealing with anmal parts for retail to prove you did not buy the items from poachers or poached it yourself and to prove the material was collected legally. this occurs mostly with hides tanning and taxidermy and vary state to state. i dont see why it wouldnt also include claws teeth and bone. usually it falls under the province of whatever agency in your state that manages poaching.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, it is confirmed that it is illegal to sell bear parts in the state of PA. I am going to make some fake ones up and see if I can sell them. I'll post pics when I am done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.