Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This picture was in our paper from last gun season. It kind of disgusts me, Its not hunting in my opinion. Its a slaughter.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I know in the Superior city bowhunt, a guy arrowed 29 deer last year. Makes me wonder about management, but I don't know the deer situation in Bemidji. How many hunters for those 20-some deer?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think we need more information before we make an intelligent, informed opinion. I try not to make judgements based on scant information.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Big family? I see tags, and that's all I would really care about. I personally wouldn't do something like that in my front yard, but I'm not them.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
peta member????? how can u say its not hunting? Is it just because they got so many deer? Some places are overrun and need to take out deer in numbers like that but why bash them for it? I do agree that the pic is a little gruesome but if it was done legally I dont understand how you can say thats not hunting its a slaughter just because they got so many deer? :thumbs_do

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live up in Bemidji but am from Eau Claire. This is from the Eau Claire Paper. 16 bucks and 42 does. From what i heard from friends in Eau Claire is that this group drives corn fields and patches of woods in farms all season in a very arge group. I'll try to find the article.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
All I can say is..........my goodness, they have some mighty small deer up there. Looks like a bunch of foxes or coyotes hanging by the looks of the size of them.:confused:

Go out in the morning, shoot four or five, and haul them all out on your back in one trip.

·
Archer
8,649 Posts
It looks to me like a bunch of hunters killed some deer. I consider that hunting, not a slaughter. If everyone was legal, then good for them. I'm certainly not going to tell them that they shouldn't try to fill their tags while hunting, I don't understand your disgust.

I wouldn't want a bunch of deer hanging from my tree like that, but I would be happy if everyone in my hunting group had a successful season.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats just it, I dont really have a problem with mature does, or the big bucks they have. But personally i don't believe in the "its brown, it's down" way of hunting.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not trying to start a stir or anything, I just want to see other opinions. Maybe i'm just bitter for my lack of success this season haha.

·
Vendor
84,690 Posts
pictures

I wouldnt take the extra time to hang all those in the tree for a picture.It just looks odd since there is so many deer but if it was just two deer no one would even think Twice about it. It does look like a slaughter but if they are all tagged then theres not a issue. Anti's will find anything to whine about so who cares what they think. It doesnt look like they are concerned to much for Trophy management either. They must have thought of having a big BBQ!!:tongue:

·
Registered
10,764 Posts
If they are all tagged legally then to each there own. I am not sure I would put them on display like that because of PETA and such.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If they are all tagged legally then to each there own. I am not sure I would put them on display like that because of PETA and such.
I guess I would agree.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
If they all have tags and were taken legally...... I really dont care.

Doesnt bother me a bit. Doesnt matter if you have one or twenty hanging from the tree. I say congratulations to the grooup of people that had an obviously succsesful season.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
16 bucks, 42 does...? Where are the rest in the pic then. Maybe they are hanging on a different tree. Either way..cool pic, legal success is great!

·
Registered
131 Posts
If all are taken legally, then this is not a slaughter. I don't know how many tags are allowed up there but here in GA. each person gets 12,due to the sheer numbers of deer. This maybe an example of an extened family hunt where all uncles, aunts, sisters and brothers get together, do a drive and supply meat for the clan. If it was just a few lucky individuals then let them take the meat they want to use for themselves and donate the rest to the needy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
And, as far as the picture, the only thing that would make it better would be if to the right of the does was a PETA member:wink:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts