Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinda lure or attractant do you put infront of the camera?
Thanks
Boswell

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I use corn and minerals

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Nothing, usually. I only have 1-2 that are over feeders/mineral lick. All the rest are on trails. I like to find trail intersections.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
most of my cams I put a generic 50lb mineral or salt block that you can get from your local feed store or TSC for $6.00, they work as good if not better than any commercial mineral or homemade recipe. I also built to feeders last summer and fill them with corn. Pike

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Molasses, Corn, Homemade mineral site.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Starting in June, my cams will be on mock scrapes, usually won't use scents on them until Oct.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i just set 2 cams up on some trails that looked more like highways... on the other hand i have a couple spots i would like to use a attractant and a cam on. but i'm going to need more trail cams

·
Registered
488 Posts
Pb

I started screwing in jars of peanut butter. It cheap and the deer love it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
pb

You take the lid off and screw the lid into a tree then screw the jar back on and with a knife cut the end of the jar off. Its simple and the deer will lick the jar clean!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You take the lid off and screw the lid into a tree then screw the jar back on and with a knife cut the end of the jar off. Its simple and the deer will lick the jar clean!
I've tried this a few times and all I got at the PB was just a few coons. Cleaned the jar out pretty good too!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts