Archery Talk Forum banner

What do you put on your strings..

1139 28
and cables for silencing and vibration. I am about to install new threads on my hunting bow and put speed nocks on string and vib dampers on cables, so what do yall use on your rigs.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
nycredneck,
X factor just came out with some really nice string silencers called the "String Factor". They come in a pack of 4 and here is their ad:

The best string silencer on the market today. Made from our specialized A-Tech Rubber with and amazing Lifetime Guarantee the only guarantee on the market today. No more worrying if your silencer is going to fly off your string during a hunt or tournament! Little to no loss in string speed! No tying silencer into string so you can adjust for maximum dampening! If they don't hear you, they can't jump the string!!!!!

and I have them in stock.

World classics1

· Yippiee ki-yay
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want to sound stupid. But what is a speed nock? Whats is for and what does it do?
When I bought my Commander new it came with what I thought were called speed nocks. They are regular brass nocks specifically spaced on string a couple of inches below cam then heat shrinked on top. I wanted to put these back on as the original string had them. Supposedly they add speed to the string or arrow somehow?

· Registered
686 Posts
spider string silencers.. thats it.. I have been lucky to buy two very quiet bows after setup.

· Registered
5,381 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Now I know what your talkin about. Yes these are nocks installed on the string to speed it up some. If I were you, I would put Bowtech strings and cables back on it because of the warranty. If your not worried about it, it won't matter. If you want recommendations on strings, Winners Choice and First Strings are very good. Most of the strings that you buy from an indiviual is just that....strings that are not stretched properly, thus you get waht you pay for.

world classics1

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I use nothing on my strings......I use a MeanV CSS and that's it on both bows.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Cat whiskers! A properly tied cat whisker will silence a bow better than anything out there...

· Registered
36,987 Posts
I use nothing on my strings.. use a STS

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.