Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see post from several people and under their name it reads "banned". Does that mean they are banned from classifieds, because if banned from posting why would they still be doing so?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If you see that under their user name, regular membership privileges have been removed either temporarily or permanent.
IIRC several people have taken to adding that as some sort of badge without the crime. A work around has provided them access to put their message of choice in that location. What you see / read under their name may or may not be correct.

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
I think I will make one right now.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
someonescop said:
If you see that under their user name, regular membership privileges have been removed either temporarily or permanent.
It's not a work around, user can create custom user titles including the word banned. :darkbeer:
Ahhh, so you understand that your current comment offsets the previous, confusing the person if they are new and not being facetious but really trying to understand. Just saying.

The banned would make me hesitant to sell to or purchase from. Custom title, yes.. But in this instance the use of some words does degrade the meaning.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I belong to over 40 sites with forums including archery, crossbow, boxing, hunting, football, video, baseball, gun, knife, optical, and fly fishing.
I've noticed, AT has more "banned" members than all of the others combined !
I guess, instead of "archers helping archers", the theme should be changed to...
archers angry with other archers. :)

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
I think Archery Bash is a good new name, I wonder who has the record of being banned

·
Registered
86 Posts
I belong to over 40 sites with forums including archery, crossbow, boxing, hunting, football, video, baseball, gun, knife, optical, and fly fishing.
I guess, instead of "archers helping archers", the theme should be changed to...

That's one reason I don't come over here much anymore, just way to much anger and hatred against others , for what reason? your guess is as good as mine !!
Seems like everyone is better than the other and so on.

sad.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
That's one reason I don't come over here much anymore, just way to much anger and hatred against others , for what reason? your guess is as good as mine !!
Seems like everyone is better than the other and so on.

sad.
Well said

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I meant to say "angry archers against other angry archers" above in my original post.
Was in a hurry to go get some dinner and had not finished editing my sentence to make sense of it. :doh:
The dyslexia runs deep tonight. :)

·
Midwest is the Best!
5,170 Posts
Well said
I agree also. You almost have to watch what you have to say about a certain subjects due to fanboys & trolls,even though your statment could just be simple conversation (what this sight is intended for) or simple FACTS...Never knew what a troll was until this site.LOL.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I think it also has to do with the fact that Archerytalk is in the top 10 of all websites o0n the internet. Alot bigger sample size and people than most other sites you visit.

·
Registered
23,209 Posts
I wondered the same thing as well when I first saw the term "banned" below a member's name. I figured if the member was allowed to post while under a ban, they must be on "rehab" status and working their way to regular status. I am also curious what behaviors caused them to be banned in the first place???

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I think it also has to do with the fact that Archerytalk is in the top 10 of all websites o0n the internet. Alot bigger sample size and people than most other sites you visit.
tapout155,

I knew someone would mention the size of AT but it's not true in all cases.
A couple of the knife forums I belong to have far more members than AT and virtually no one ever gets banned.
The mods there will warn you to go cool off awhile and delete your post but not ban you.
On the Boxing forums, the mods and members actually get into heated arguments and sometimes cuss each other out but very seldom is anyone banned.
They crack me up on the boxing forums.
AT is extremely strict compared to all other sites :exclaim:
I would have been banned for life long ago here on AT, if I said things to archers like I've said to a couple members on the knife forums. :)
...but they deserved it because they were A-holes !
The boxing fans are the nastiest guys on the planet; I fear them. LOL :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
It's probably not in the top 5000. It's a large archery site. Not doubt. But it sometimes seem to have very limited/ restricted views at times. Just got to be willing to do your research.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
The only time it's a real banning is when it's written in red with a line through it. Ask me how I know. :lol:

And the Christ and Cruise was a good one. :ROFLMAO: Not ban worthy in my opinion, but funny anyway.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts