2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or has anyone shoot the NEW 2010
ALPINE ASSAULT bow???????

Attachments

·
A.K.A. Big JW
2,718 Posts
Like the looks of the Riser. Don't care much for the looks of the limb pockets and I would like to see a little higher IBO speed on something with that short of a bh. Still want to shoot one to see what i think. I could get over the looks of the limb pockets if it were a shooter. I still don't see it replacing my Venturas any time soon.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
What are the specs on it? I like the look of it, but looks in archery don't mean squat :)

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,365 Posts
One Word = LIMBSAVER BOW!!!
I kinda thought that when I seen it. :wink:

I have the Limbsaver Speedzone and the shape of this new Alpine is similar. If it shoots like the Speedzone, Alpine shooters are going to be very happy!

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
It looks pretty good but is that picture right? There is nothing holding those limbs in place except for the pressure of the preload?

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
It looks pretty good but is that picture right? There is nothing holding those limbs in place except for the pressure of the preload?
Looks like there's a small lip on the sides of the pockets to keep the limbs from shifting out to the sides..But I agree, doesnt look like alot keeping the limbs in the pockets, cant tell from the pics if they are pinned in there or not.
If nothing else the Skull Camo is freaking cool I think.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Like the looks of the Riser. Don't care much for the looks of the limb pockets and I would like to see a little higher IBO speed on something with that short of a bh. ....
I agree.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I would like to get my hands on one. Not sure about shooting that short of a brace height. I am use to 7 or longer but will not knowck it until I try it. The specs are below.

As for looking like a Limbsaver bow, it is in the eye of the beholder. A lot of Bowtech guys say that the Alphamax is a copy off of them. I'm not the one to say.

* Mass weight: 4.2 pounds.
* Axle to Axle: 34 inches.
* Brace height: 6.125 inches.
* Draw weights: 60, 70pounds.
* Cam: Velocitec Hybrid Cam.
* Draw lengths: 27” through 30 ” with draw modules
* IBO speed: 328 fps.
* Limbs: Bi-Flex composite limb, film dipped finish in
Next G1 Vista.
* Cable Guard Straight mounted carbon.
* Sight window 8.25” single plane window.
* Pocket: VX Pocket Mounting System.
* Riser Color: Next G1 Vista
* Grip: One piece rose wood.
* Let-off: 80%

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
One Word = LIMBSAVER BOW!!!
exactly what i was thinking. i actually think they took a more then a couple of steps backward in the looks department.

the skull does look sweet though. that is the only thing that i think is freaking sweet.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Probably shoots great, but aesthetically not my thing- Not necc the "deadzone" influence, but the skull camo does nothing for me (reminds me of cheap starter guitars designed to appeal to teenage heavy metal kids), and the brown, black green, mix on the aluminum just makes it that much more schizophrenic.

Solid black (all the aluminum as well as limbs) would look FAR better (as would black cams/mods/pockets with a camo riser dip).

I do like the long sight window- thats a huge positive selling point for me.

·
Registered
11,284 Posts
I think it looks great and hope I have the chance to shoot one

1 - 20 of 39 Posts