Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what i have now for a stabilizer is a scoil....im looking to upgrade......major stabilizer is a tourney stabilzer.....iver hired alot about octane pistant stabilzer .......... please reply!!!!!!! main thing is is a tourney stab. then a huntin stab. thanks!!:)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Shot the Octane and it balanced pretty well on my bow. Didn't think the piston did much for shock but my Commadner didn't have much to begin with. I wanted more wieght out front so I went with Xtreme Stabilization for both my hunting and my 3D rig.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Check out the Smooth Stability stabs for both hunting and target. The SS stabs do just that , stabilize. No little rubbery things to try and take out noise. They make you hold steady. That simple. Different weights and lengths . You can have a 6 or 8 inch stab for hunting. Take the center bolt out and switch the weight hub over to the 12 inch model for target.

If you are looking for something longer, in a couple of weeks they will be releasing a new stab called "High Roller". It will have a one inch shaft with adjustable weight that you can add or take away 1 ounce at a time.

Check them out if you really want to get serious. www.smoothstability.com

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have an octane on my diamond bow and I realy like it. I can't tell much difference in how it balances the bow, but I think it makes a big difference in vibration and hand shock.:archery:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
B-Stinger for either. For hunting, 8.5", 10.25" or 12" models. For BHFS target, 12" model. For open freestyle, XL or XL Premier as long as you are comfortable holding

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
There are many great stabilizers out there on the market today. The search for the one that will help get you X's or steady buck fever is frustrating at times. The best thing I can say is look for one that gives you as many options as possible both in weight and vibration and I would advise go a little longer than short.....even for hunting! 10"-12" might seem long but the advantages to the stability length gives you out way what some might call an obstacle when it comes to tree stand or blind hunting. If you happen to be a tree stand or blind guy and you really don't like the length then find something that is short and has or is able to except as much weight as you want. Then just shoot it at like 40 yards and see how tight your groups are and see what works best for you. Target wise I think this is even more tuff with many great choices but keep the same idea in mind as hunting......go a little longer and try something that gives you as many option in both weight and vibration, if your not sure about how much vibration is effecting your shot..... try something that will allow you to adjust both. I hope this might help you and like I said before there are many new and old companies out there in the search for the best stab......choice is what you need, try a stab that can give you that. Good luck and shoot straight!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
b stinger. they're the best stabs I've tried

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i have a sim modular stab on my hunting bow. a bomar and super stix on my target bow. but i'm gonna have to go with the xtreme stab soon. i tried one of Mark target stab and it works. looks great too.

Bill

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks yall all be lookin at xtreme,postens,b-stinger,and the ss company .......thanks

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
thanks yall all be lookin at xtreme,postens,b-stinger,and the ss company .......thanks
Let me know if i can answer any questions. You will be in great hands no matter which one you pick out of the ones mentioned above. All are great folks who make great products

·
Registered
404 Posts
I went through the same decision about a year ago. I looked at Posten, B-Stinger, Octane, etc.

For what I was looking for (I put an emphasis on stabilizing rather than noise reduction), I decided to try the Xtreme stabilizer. The 12" model with adjustable weight system was more than competitively priced, and the finish quality was very impressive.

The adjustable weight system is nice, as I found I held best with one weight removed (some may find it different, and it's nice that the weights are all included in the stabilizer price (some companies charge extra for the weights). All in all, I'm very happy with the stabilizer, and there even is a Bowjax attached to the end to help alleviate some vibration, but for me, steadying the bow was my number 1 priority.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
hunting: 8", 11oz B-stinger
paper punching: 12", 8oz B-stinger

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so so far in this order i like xtream,postens then b stinger b stinger is $$$$$ i wouldnt hunt with it

hunting: xtream,postens
tourney: xtream, postens, bstinger

for hunting im a big tress stand hunter i need soemthing 4-6 any recomendations for xtream???? noise vibe is important to me for huntin

tourney noise doesnt matter but it can only be 12 for vegas stlye in 3d.......thanks!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
for the sake of price im just going to keep to my scoil for hunting..... im getting a new mathews z7 so it for the most part perfectly balenced plus im a treestand hunter........ so i think ill just get one stab. for tourney and it will proly be the xtream or the postens

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Xtreme stabilizers for me... Versatility, functionality, and affordability. All that with great cs. Heck, u can call the owner himself and talk to him if u need advice or help!!! Hard to beat that package.

Derek

1 - 20 of 39 Posts