Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In reading responses for other questions, like about Turbo Nocks, people say I need a "fall away" rest ... but I'm not sure what it means. Any suggestions on brands or styles?

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance. I'm pretty new to the Compound side of things ...

74,554 Posts
Fall Away rest

That is rest rest that raises by string attached to cable on bow or by some other method. It will drop on release of string and will completly drop out of path of arrow. Trophy Taker makes a easy but simple rest. Check them out!

· Registered
1,417 Posts
The Trophy Taker is a good example:

Start by looking at this picture:

http://www.trophytaker.com/id264.htm

It has a Y-shaped rest that rotates about an axis. A spring pushes the Y flat against your bow when you're not under draw. A string attached to your cables lifts the Y up when you draw, to support the arrow. Shortly after you release the shot, but before the arrow leaves, the spring pushes the Y down again, and the arrow is totally unsupported, and is just being pushed forward by the string. The fletchings (feathers) can easily clear the Y, because it is out of the way, and you get "easy tuning" as a result.

It might sound like this kind of rest is not accurate, but it is: The Las Vegas Archery Festival was won with one.

The big problem is that you have some mechanical complexity, and it will fail eventually.

The best rest of this type made is the ARE Sniper V, but it is even more complex, sophisticated, and failure prone; so, the TT is an excellent choice.

kgk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.