Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What arrow rest do you use and why?

I'm getting a rig set up for my first dive into IBO 3d and was wondering what everyone is useing. I'm lookin real hard at a GKF Mirage or a Ripcord.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I currently use a NAP QuickTune, I am waiting on my Alpine to arrive in the mail and i will choose between the both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ripcord

I've used the Ripcord for two years and it is very effective in the field. However, I switched to a metal fork because I could not standtic the Mickey Mouse plastic one that came with the rest.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I am using the standard Trophy Taker. It is a good, solid, tested and true rest. You can't go wrong.

Automan

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,704 Posts
ok ,i guess ill be the the oddball, i use a golden key 3d rover prong rest converted into a drop away, (very simple to do and can be done without any extra parts) i love it , very solid and accurate!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ripcord

well the ripcord rest is the one bolted to my bows....

been good to me... no contact, trouble free,

its all personel preference just like anything else.

-steve

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I use a trophy taker. I purchased it in 02, I have hunted with it and shot 3-d with it for 4 years. It has been on 4 different bows of mine. The trophy taker is very durable and it is also stupid proof. Once you set it up it takes all the clearance problems out of tunning your bow. Trophy Taker was the first dropaway everything else is a copy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the replies. Gives me a lot to think about.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I use the tropthy ridge drop zone because it is the only rest that drops straight down.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I highly recommend the GKF Infinity with vapor launcher.

It's premo.

I also like the Mathews HD drop away.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have been using the Hoyt/Nap 4000 and the smartrest on my target bows but have had my intrest peacked lately by the DMI X-pert II rest. :wink:

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
Take a look at the Schaffer. Its a very solid rest and reliable. Never had a glitch in 6 years of shootin.

Carl

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Using the Trap Door, first dropaway I have owned, so far it is doing just fine. Any opinions on this rest, it is the Mach4.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts