Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
PSE Evolve, Elite Kure, Carbon Express Maxima XRZ , Sitka Gear, NAP Spitfire and Iron Will Solid
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my fletcher archery release. The only place I can find them now is eBay? Did they go out of business?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I love my fletcher archery release. The only place I can find them now is eBay? Did they go out of business?
Bear archery aquired them like 2 years ago I believe. Check bears website for releases.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,305 Posts
They're not really the same, I mean they've dropped the entire Fletcher name, but here's what happened:

All made of Chinesium. :\

·
Registered
PSE Evolve, Elite Kure, Carbon Express Maxima XRZ , Sitka Gear, NAP Spitfire and Iron Will Solid
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! Guess I need to start looking at other brands.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,629 Posts
I have the Jim Fletcher conchos.

·
Banned
88 Posts
I clicked the above link for Bear Releases.
Trophy Ridge is made by, or is a sub-brand of Bear Archery?
I was not aware of that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Fletcher "Outsider" release that was used a few times. It is in great shape.
Not sure if that is the model you are referring too.
Let me know if you would like purchase it and we can work something out.
I appreciate it but I"m good. Thank you.

·
Come on October!!!!
3,106 Posts
Tried one concho rope release, never really liked it, went with Scott. They were everywhere in the day like Satellite, Savora, Razorback 5 and autumn orange XX75s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Good thing they last about forever…love my shortys, sad to see them Dunzo.

·
Registered
51,715 Posts
I clicked the above link for Bear Releases.
Trophy Ridge is made by, or is a sub-brand of Bear Archery?
I was not aware of that.
Bear archery is owned by a large company that owns several different products. Trophy Ridge being one and now Fletcher.

·
The Impartial Archer
19,436 Posts
I've used the FletchHunter for about 25 years or so. I own 3 of them because I never want to be without one.
I was given a Fletchmatic rope release out of pity when I was in the military in the late 80's. I was using some big plastic release..........lol. The good thing about rope then was it was easy on the servings and didn't let you torque the string. The good thing about it now is it's easy on the serving and I don't need a D-loop.

I can't shoot lil' 30 inch bows but I'm fine with that so it works. I gave the one away I had in the mid 90's that was given to me to help out another new archer and I'm STILL using the new one I bought then. I bought a back up because they became part of the way I shoot and I really like them. The backup was not for if the release failed it was because I hunt and wanted an extra in case I drop mine or forget it.

So at least 25 years on the one I'm using and it's in fine shape and the backup is untouched virtually except to set it up and test fire so I'm good for at least 40 years. Since I'm 60 that'll mean I never have to buy another release. The funny thing is the old one I gave away that was given to me was blue and the finish was literally gone except for in cracks and places where you could still see the blue.

Mine is 25 years old and still has a LOT of red on it so there is no telling how old and much use that old blue one had on it...........these things are built to last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts