Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 little bottles of ten point rail lube in my garage some where, but cant find them atm.

i know i will find them after i pick up some new lube. if i remember correctly wasnt it

jigaloo or something like that?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
any gun oil should do

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
I use venom and red hot lube , alot use jigaloo here, I cant find around here, some say it smells strong , I imagine if wiped off its not an issue, use it on aluminum rails only though, as it will take the finish off !

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Dalton's String Conditioner does both jobs.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
i use crc silicone spray, found it at wal-mart. spray it on a rag and wipe it on the rail. strong smell initially, then it goes away completly. for under 3 bucks you can't beat it. i have yet to see a can of jigaloo but i have hopes. i am done with the little tubes of rail lube that cost 10 bucks i know that.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I use something a little unorthodox but it actually increases the velocity somewhat. Good string wax and then a very small amount of powdered commercial moly lube (dry) worked into or slightly rubbed onto the serving. I even take a very small amount and rub it into the rails after I heat them up a little. The slickness in unbelievable. I used it once on my son's pine wood derby axles in a moly bullet tumbler. It made them so slick that no glue would hold them in the wood so I had to use a staple gun to embed them. That car's time records still stand to this day.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Moly is slick stuff, used to use it on bullets, if it sticks there a rail should be no issue. Got a container left, will give it a try in conjunction with Daltons'

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I've been using Jig-a-Loo for a couple of years now, strong smell right out of the can but it goes away...

Mike

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Moly is slick stuff, used to use it on bullets, if it sticks there a rail should be no issue. Got a container left, will give it a try in conjunction with Daltons'
I got it to stick somewhat by using a hot hair dryer or a carefully used heat gun on low. As usual, when the rail gets that grey look, it's sticking. I thought about using some of the industrial oil based Moly on the rails and rubbing it into the heated rails then rubbing off the excess until it felt dry. I guess that's my next step to try. I have to find my chrono and see what's going on now first though. I think it's in that one box that you can never find after you move to a new house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts