Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to switch from mech/heads to fixblade broadheads. Since I am shooting arrow equipped with the mighty FOBs, I think I can shoot any head out there probably. I am tuned in with a 75 grain head and would like to stay there. If I go up, it will be ONLY to 100 gr.

What are you fellas shooting with your FOBs?

I am looking at either MUZZY or Wasp 75 gr. heads. Anything else?
I like G5 products, but not sure if they make a 75 gr. head.

Give me your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I shoot 100 gr Montecs and they fly great. I have them and Rage two blades in my quiver. Which I use depends if im in a blind with a screen or not.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Both the 100 grain Montec's and the Shuttle T's work fantastic with FOB's. Actually, I think the Shuttles work the best - they shoot just like a field point and I dont have to adjust the sights when I switch between hunting and target. Montecs require a slight sight adjustment on my setup.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am shooting Slick Trick Mags and they are flying great and spin perfect. All me and my friends used to shoot were Muzzy's but the last few batches that were purchased by my buddy have been less than stellar. I think they have dropped the ball on quality controll. I tried just about every thing to get them to spin true and I couldn't and that was after I squared the arrows, thought the arrows were the cause but then put a Trick on and it spun perfect. This is just my experience and my buddy may have just gotten a bad batch, but I also notice that the Trocar tips are not smooth anymore like they used to be.

OBH

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I am shooting Slick Trick Mags and they are flying great and spin perfect. All me and my friends used to shoot were Muzzy's but the last few batches that were purchased by my buddy have been less than stellar. I think they have dropped the ball on quality controll. I tried just about every thing to get them to spin true and I couldn't and that was after I squared the arrows, thought the arrows were the cause but then put a Trick on and it spun perfect. This is just my experience and my buddy may have just gotten a bad batch, but I also notice that the Trocar tips are not smooth anymore like they used to be.

OBH
yeah I did notice that mine are not spinning completely perfect... well one of the 3 is about perfect. the other two are decent. they do shoot well though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'd say the Montecs would be a good choice. Maybe the G5 Strikers too.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I am using G5 Monotec and they shoot great. I prefer a cut on contact head and like a resharpable head. They are 100 gr, but I think a 85 grain is available. I have shot a couple of Slick Tricks which I had and they fly great too.

I don't think FOB's spin real fast so I would think any open blade fixed head would work well.

·
Banned
3,216 Posts
If FOB's do work as good or better than vanes?...then you should be able to shoot most any sensible head that suits you.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
24,859 Posts
buy crimson talon xt broadheads. they r amazing. strong, creat a mean hole and fly exactly like my feild tips without any adjustments at all. 6 blades airfoil technology.

www.spintite.com. plus its $29 for 4 of these greaat heads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts