Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear it...

For me it had to be my NatGear fleece top/bottom/bibs. It was warm, cut the wind and was quiet. The quality is also some of the best I've seen.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hmm..Well I didn't get a dear yet, so i'm going to have to wait till late season. But, I purchased some pricey Under Armour, instead of using the old fashioned stuff and I have to admit it did keep me warmer.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
minus33 expedition weight wool...worked awesome...

cabelas berber fleece windshear vest...worked awesome

cabelas xstatic silver socks...soso

got some smart wool socks instead and again...awesome

cabelas silent weave insulated bibs...great and affordable...

striker bh...not awesome...broke a head at the furrel...going back to muzzy...

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
THe range snap worked pretty sweet for me. Kept my range finder handy for quick reads.

G5 Tekan's did their job too

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Muck Woody Elite, warmest rubber boot I have ever worn. My feet never got cold and the walking was easy.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Thumbs up products:

Heater body suit is worth its weight in gold! 17 degrees and was wearing Under Armor cold gear and a long sleeve tee shirt while inside.... :darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

Grim Reapers caused massive devastation and easy recovery

Primos Silver XP products all seemed to work really well. Had many deer right under me and have not been winded yet (that I know of)

Lacrosse Pack boot....best boot I have ever owned. No more cold feet for me

Thumbs down products:

Primos scent wicks (buck and doe) smell really bad and seem to be very perfume like.....saw zero deer when using them; in spots where I normally do.

Primos TRUTH serum also was not effective and smelled like perfume to me

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Magnus Buzzcut worked great. other then that more bad. couldn't get one with my new (to me anyways) vectrix, so went back to my ultraelite and killed one on the first trip out. as always, a sharp knife is the best tool i have. oh new beman arrows work just as well as my CE maxims. other then that, not much to report, the old girls came through this year. i guess i dont need to buy the latest and greatest every year, but man it fun.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My Vortex binos were the best purchase I made this year followed closely by my Summit 180 climbing stand. Had a few all day sits and was very comfortable!

Only negative product I bought were Carbon Express lighted mocks. Absolute junk!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Several new things that worked good for me:

1. Delorme pn-40 GPS worked great on a Sept Elk hunt in CO. The USGS quads and aerial photos were very helpful.
2. G5 Strikers
3. Elite GT500
4. Military Goretex Bivy - Kept me warm & dry with the temps in the teens in the mountains of CO.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Arctic Shield

Kept me warm and dry.
Stitching came loose on the inside of the bibs, called them and they said ship it to us and we will send you new ones, no questions asked. Great cust service.

·
Owner/LeadingEdgeArchery
2,527 Posts
Good and Bad

The Good:
Scent Blocker suit, I was only winded 1 time the entire season.
Danner Boots, glad I spent the extra money...they are incredible.
Lone Wolf, got the Hand Climber...best money I ever spent.

The Bad:
HHS Scent Scrape Dropper, flat out didn't work over a 5 week period.
Decoy, the deer were actually afraid of it.
C'Mere Deer, flat out didn't work. A $1.50 bag of apples did the trick.
Rage Broadheads, I know I will get flack for this. After shooting and loving them for 2 years, they failed me miserably this year. After getting a shoulder injury I had to back my bow down to 55 lbs from 65. Still shot the same arrow so I could keep max penetration. Hit a monster in the shoulder and my arrow stuck out of him full length like an ornament. Then had to finish off my buddies deer that was trying to die under my stand. Perfect lung shot at 12 yards and didnt even get pass through. Stuck in the opposite shoulder. Trying new heads next year!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
My 2 cents worth for the good new stuff.....Magnus Buzzcuts.....Merino wool......Carter 2 shot ;)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
lone wolf alpha stands worked excellent.

lw climbing sticks excellent as well.

bucknasty bow string, excellent.

1/4" g5 meta peep, excellent.

butt-out tool, excellent. used it on 3 deer this year, works awesome.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
My trophy line tree saddle. Awesome!!

Carter "Lucky" release...also awesome!!!

Muck Boot Arctic Sport...I now have three pairs. They are that good!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
good-Bear Stag Hunter #45, aquired in a trade.
Bad-Rage 2-blade
Tinks #69

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
only changes i made this year were to a trophy taker fall away rest and silver flame heads.

good switches i think. pleased with both.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Worked ......
LaCrosse Alpha Series boots
Dick's Sporting Goods 'Field & Stream' brand small hub style blind
100 grain Shuttle-T's
100 grain G5 S.G.H. for small game
Summit Titan
Summit Seat of The Pants
face paint
GamePlan Gear Spot-n-Stalk bag
Leupold RX-II rangfinder

Failed .......
100 grain Muzzy SG-X small game head ....... it 'snakes' under grass and leaf litter; as well as passes through on small game .... which allows game to run off. It's hard to blood trail a critter that doesn't have much blood in it to start with through thick cover .... much less find the arrow.

·
In the begining God......
3,650 Posts
Man that Kruncher thing......all I called in was a buch of squirrels.:zip:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts