Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot great groups out to 25 and pretty darn good at 40.The problem is at 30 and 35 i shoot 2 inches right dont understand it.I no this is odd. Do you think it is a mind over matter thing a arrow spine or equmient issuse?

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Michelle Ragsdale said it best, "If your arrows are not grouping well, you need to practice more".

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
i would suggest remove all yardage markers and shoot at spots at unknown distances, its best if you have a real good back stop and can shoot as far as 80-100 yards, it does sound like a mind over bow issue,,, shoot some longer distances of unk yardage working on form and see if you can beat your first group then start bringing it back in closer still without yardage markers

·
Registered
697 Posts
It can only be one of two things

Your equipment
You

Check the equipment, centershot, correct spine, papertune, walkback tune, bareshaft tune. 2nd axis, and if it is a spot-hogg, pin alignment.

Easton has a troubleshooting guide that suggests that Centershot will produce / or \ . A curve like this ) would indicate that your spine is too weak. Sometimes it is tough to tell the difference. Lower your point weight and see if it makes difference in bareshaft testing.

None of the above, check form. At our range, the lights are different at the 30 and 40 yard butts. It makes it difficult to ensure consistent peep alignment to scope ring. And of course there is the famous torque, target panic, drive by shootings, tension, and incorrect dl.

good luck. It still happens to me but usually only in the shoot-offs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts