Archery Talk Forum banner

what gr. tips for fatboys?

596 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Bowdon
just got some fatboy 340's cut to 28'' w/ super s 3d knocks. so far on the arrow i've got 266.3 which gr tip should i go with?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I figure you will want at least 100gr for a good F.O.C. 130-150 total tip weight would probably be better...get ya in that 11 to 12% range

· Registered
723 Posts
I like the 100 or 125 depending on the pounds that your pulling!!!!!!!!

· Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
100 grain at a minimum and probably a 140 would fly even better at longer yardages.

· Registered
199 Posts
What fletching? That will add weight too. I am going to be using a 28" 340 Fatboys with 3" Easton Diamond vanes in my 6.5 Reezen and OT2 says with the 38grn insert and 75grn point I should be at 305fps with a 28" dl. That set up weighs about 385grns.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
I shoot 400s with 80 gr points at 28 inch with 65 lbs. I have been shooting quarter size group out to 50 yards with 3 arrow groups. I shot some really good scores with them last summer. I have 2 inch blazers on them and they are working great. Went out the other day and shot three arrow at 40 yards and robin hooded one of them. They were all dead center in the spot. They are a good arrow and mine shoot really hot group with 80 gr, points. Shooting as a pro over the years have found by playing with deferent weight points the lighter point group better for me with less FOC on targets in the wind. When was on staff and could afford arrows. When I went to a big shoot I would alway have deferent arrow with deferent weight points with me all the time. On the practice range I shoot them to see with was going to work the best for me at that kind of shoot and with the weather conditions. 90 % of the time I end up with the arrow with a lighter FOC. They would group the best. When you get your arrows get some 80's, 100's and 125's. Shoot them to see with groups the best for you and than you be tuning the arrow to your bow weight and to get you want out of your set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.