Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new bow and went up to a 70lbs draw. Bought 340 Axis arrows. My draw length is 29 inches. Should I be using a 100 grain head or a 125 grain head?

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,349 Posts
What kind of bow, year/model/make. How long are your arrows, what kind of fletching. What type of release. What's attatched to your string, d-loop, nocking, etc...

Just guessing, a 70lb bow with a 29" draw and 340 axis arrows, I would say a 100g broadhead would be fine depending on all the other things I listed above.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
to be honest it won't much matter. I like to use 125 grain heads most of the time but I use both weights & they will both perform!

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Ditto. I use Beman Black Max 340s' cut to 28.5" (I have a 29" draw on my 70# Tribute). I can use 100 grain or 125 grain heads interchangably, they both tune fine with this setup.

I'm shooting the 125's this year, as an FYI.

-ZA

Orions_Bow said:
to be honest it won't much matter. I like to use 125 grain heads most of the time but I use both weights & they will both perform!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Fred Bear Code, 29 5/8 (w/nock) inch arrow, D- loop, peep sight (no tubing), going with a offset 4 inch vane this year, and I use a caliper release.
Thanks for the help so far and I'm still interested in any oppinions out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts