Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been searching and reading GRIP threads for two days. I have read many posts on brands and colors.

My question is how do you know what grip to use - low, medium, or high wrist? Is it personal preference?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Go with a torqueless, med wrist and the 1inch nose. I just got mine in last week from Dave @ torqueless.com and love it. I got the silver/black for the switchback. Great guy as well. I ordered mine on a Tuesday afternoon and got it Friday afternoon. I give 2 thumbs up.

Brett

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
First, since it is confusing.. I will define grip as referring to how I hold the bow... The handle is the piece of wood etc. that is on the bow..

I like the low wrist grip... more of a hand position than a handle on the bow... If you place the bow to the thumb side of your life line.. it sort of auto does it. The correct handle helps. I was told to let your index finger just rest on the side of the ledge on the bow and the thumb just lightly come around but not touching the other fingers..

However, it is what feels right for you that works.

·
Registered
12,884 Posts
I don't know what type of bow you have but have you tried shooting it without a grip? The grip makes a bow more pleasant to carry but the extra width gives your hand something to press against during the shot. Without the grip, there is less tendency to torque your bow offline. I prefer to "push" against the face of the riser.

:cocktail:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Ya, I have been told to try no handle or grip as well.. A Shrewd grip is sort like that, it is thinner than the OEM in most cases... I just started using one... I do like it.

I have also seen people take the handle off and tape the area..

What I would do is to try dif things until the hand postion and grip I wanted was more natural.. and it felt right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts