Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Well our opener is thursday but according to my dreams I do very well. :rock:Thanks for asking.:darkbeer: I cant post pictures of the beast yet:confused:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here is my Doe from this morning. I tried to get a good picture by tucking the legs up under. It made her look tiny. She weighed in at 85#.It was a 15 step shot while she was eating acorns from a Red oak.High lung on my side low lung on the other. She went 80 yards. Mathews Q2XL. Redhead custom carbon arrows (28",fletched with Quickspin vanes)tipped with 3 blade Muzzys.Backstraps await!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my Doe from this morning. I tried to get a good picture by tucking the legs up under. It made her look tiny. She weighed in at 85#.It was a 15 step shot while she was eating acorns from a Red oak.High lung on my side low lung on the other. She went 80 yards. Mathews Q2XL. Redhead custom carbon arrows (28",fletched with Quickspin vanes)tipped with 3 blade Muzzys.Backstraps await!!

Great deer man! Congrats! Do you mine me asking where did you get her?

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
nice doe !

our opener is thursday and I plan on hunting either some locust beans or some persimmons. I have never seen any sign under a persimmon tree in the 20+ years of hunting where I hunt but this tree as sign all under it. dont know why but dont care now! lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hunt location was Fairfield county South Carolina. Sept 15 is our bow opener. Any day you hunt with a bow is a doe day!
I love persimmons trees. I am more likely to see a buck at a persimmon tree than a doe. I have a spot picked out for hunting with my longbow that is a 15yards from a tree loaded with persimmons. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will let you know about the opener on Friday.

Nice looking doe.

·
Waiting on Season
14,910 Posts
had a group of 5 bucks come in (ohio) could have shot every one of them under 30yds saw 2 of them spar a lil my buddy and i got it all on film and had a great time but let em walk just not big enough yet. 2- 8's 2- 7's and dorky forky:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts