Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened that Reo finished where he did in Vegas? Did something happen or did he just shoot that bad?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Depends on who you talk to. So far in the last couple weeks I've heard "he's getting old," even though he's only 42, and "it's because Elites aren't that good."

My guess, is he's human and can have off days, weeks, months etc. While 99.9% of people on this site will never achieve what he has, we've all been there where we went to shoot and stopped 30 minutes later and couldn't figure out why we just shot like complete crap.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Just shot bad I saw him a a couple times just catch the 9 ring

·
Up a Tree.......
3,195 Posts
There are alot of good shooters, competition is stiff and that tournament if you make 1 mistake your basically done

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Sometimes your a diamond, sometimes your a lump of coal!! It happens to everyone.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Depends on who you talk to. So far in the last couple weeks I've heard "he's getting old," even though he's only 42, and "it's because Elites aren't that good."

My guess, is he's human and can have off days, weeks, months etc. While 99.9% of people on this site will never achieve what he has, we've all been there where we went to shoot and stopped 30 minutes later and couldn't figure out why we just shot like complete crap.

Elites aren't that good? 2 out of top 3 are Elites.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts

·
Dont sing it, bring it!!
4,607 Posts
A lot of big names missed the shoot off....
Reo
Jesse B
Levi
Henry Bass
Dan M
Tim G
Mike Schloesser
Among others..

Heck Mike Schloesser shot a 299 29x and missed the shoot off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
& if it was run like 99 % of other tournaments Chance would have been the winner.

·
Registered
158 Posts
He shot 300 on Friday, 298 on Saturday (so two 9's). On Sunday he had 286. I wasn't there, but the way that usually happens is one misfire that puts an arrow into the 6 ring of a target where you've already shot a 10. Now the 10 doesn't count, and the other arrow scores a 6.

If that scenario is right, it means he had 3 bad arrows out of 90.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If anyone took the time to watch these shoots, you would understand that each of these top shooters are capable of "being human" and dropping a point here and there.

The archery equipment is more than capable of shooting a perfect score, but the individuals shooting those bows...they are just like you and I "at times", capable of dropping a point by just the slightest of margins. When the top shooters do miss, which is rare, 99.9% of the time it's not the bow...even the best shooters prove to be human, once in a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still got silver in the World Cup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts