Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your shooting 3-D, its your turn to shoot. You are drawing your bow back and when you hit the wall of your draw cycle, you accidently hit your release trigger and your arrow sails 15 feet over the target. You dont get another shot do you? Doesnt that count as a zero? Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes its a zero.. Unless you can reach your arrow while touching the stake any miss fire is a zero.. At least this is the way I understand the rules..If Im wrong someone please post correct info....

·
8......is not.....shutup!
1,021 Posts
I wasn't even at full draw, and the loop slipped off of the rhino release and sailed an arrow over the back and into the lake at an ASA Tournament (I think it was Augusta) . It counts as a zero, no do overs! I still finished 6th out of 69 shooters though.:) :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
allxs said:
I wasn't even at full draw, and the loop slipped off of the rhino release and sailed an arrow over the back and into the lake at an ASA Tournament (I think it was Augusta) . It counts as a zero, no do overs! I still finished 6th out of 69 shooters though.:) :)
Oak Ridge - Dont you remember anything?:confused: :zip: :wink: :tongue: :rolleyes:

·
8......is not.....shutup!
1,021 Posts
old timers disease

THanx Lastcall,
Keep me straight, my Gray is showin!:embara: lmao!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
a blank, a zero, a zilch, a goose egg, a big fat miss, man it is so tough getting a miss like that, it really hurts, been there done that more than I like to admit, I think it is part of the game, just buckle down and try real hard to get 11s or 12s to get some of it back, and forget about the friggin miss, thats hard to do but a very essential element of the game.

·
Banned
8,395 Posts
I would say get a different release. :D also keep your finger off the trigger until you are on the target, that way you still get 5 points.:D :D

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
YOu could say you hit nothing but AIR

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave2 said:
a blank, a zero, a zilch, a goose egg, a big fat miss, man it is so tough getting a miss like that, it really hurts, been there done that more than I like to admit, I think it is part of the game, just buckle down and try real hard to get 11s or 12s to get some of it back, and forget about the friggin miss, thats hard to do but a very essential element of the game.
I think what made me so upset was that there were about 33 shooters....I came in second (even with a big fat 0) with a 303....1st place was a 304..and the archery club invited a Pro that shot with Mathews and he shot a 305. Man, if i could have at least hit the target I would have beat both of them...O well, just my luck...still had a good time and good laugh over it...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I did the same thing the last target at the Worlds in 04. the worst thing I knew the yardage. I let the rest of my group shoot them I took a second shoot and got a 11 that did not count.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts