Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a ground blind and was wondering what hunting applications it could have other than deer or turkeys. If it's not nailed down or painted I've put an arrow in it....from deer to squirrels, groundhogs, geese and coyotes.

Also, from the guys that I've talked to about ground blind hunting, deer seem to notice ground blinds and are more wary of them than any other game animal. What's your experiences with this?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Brush it in,they dont seem to mind,try it
you will be amazed,works for me!!:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
If your going to deer hunt from the blind. Put it up a couple days prior to hunting it let the deer get use to it . I have had such good luck bow hunting from ground blinds I dont even bother with any thing els.

·
Banned
50 Posts
from my experience, it depends on the blind and what pattern it is in.

For example, I have had ameristeps and an underbrush and a double bull. The first two had to be brushed in. They were in a mossy oak type pattern.

The double bull doesnt have to be brushed in. It is in the deception pattern. You also have to have the window screens over the windows.

Check out the double bulls. You wont be sorry.

rick

·
Registered
238 Posts
I agree with PSE there are some types of camo that seem to spook the deer less than others. When in dought brush the blind in .

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies, gentlemen!

I agree with you guys about the different camo types spooking deer. The Ameristep Roundhouse TSC blind that I purchased has Ameristep's Tangle camo pattern, which is much lighter. I looked at both camo pattern types before I purchased the blind and I thought the Mossy Oak camo was too dark and would stick out like a rat turd in a sugar bowl. :D

I'm going to try hunting some groundhogs first to get a feel for the blind and after that we'll see what happens.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

1 - 6 of 6 Posts