Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying my 2nd bow and i have been wanting to get a hoyt ever since i got my PSE (Biggest mistake was buying the PSE) So what hoyt is the best for under $650?

·
Wack n Stack
225 Posts
I have not got to shoot anything, but the top 3, but if it was me in that price range you are after I would put a few more too it and get the Factor. I really enjoyed shooting it more then the carbon 30

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Best thing i ever did was sell my Hoyt and get a PSE . Sorry , i dont have an answer for you.

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
You can't buy any new Hoyt for under $650.00. There are a lot of nice used Hoyts for under $650.00 but I assume you are talking new. IMHO, you are on the right track dumping the PSE and getting a Hoyt.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Only one I can think of for the $650 is the charger. I would up the budget a bit and spring for the faktor. They sell for $900 up north here so I would assume less in the usa. There was a like new faktor in the classifieds right now for $675

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hoyt spyder! I know you want 2014 but for your money that your wanting to spend this bow ROCKS! Absolutely perfect! You can buy them on here for the price your looking to spend.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have a 2013 Charger that's only 2 months old for sale. I just ordered a new Faktor 34. The Charger is maxed out at 30 inch draw and I shoot at 31 inch draw so I didn't shoot it much. There are modules available to shorten the draw length if your not 30 inch draw. The 2013 Charger is much better than the 2014 model. PM me if your interested. It's in Realtree Xtra camo and is 60# draw weight. Probably around 500 shots through it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Paid same price for 2014 charger as the 2013.

Also the pockets did change, but they are suppose to take the same punishment and use.

Additionally they made the limbs farther apart for more stability.

They also upgraded the rest from a WB to a drop away.

Don't think they are that bad. My wife just got one and I was impressed with how silent it was, how fast it was, and how it felt.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
They also changed the cams on the charger mid way through '13

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would try to find a 2013 Hoyt charger. It would definitely be the best Hoyt for the money and would be better than a 2014 charger.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! So what its about 50/50 frm what people have been saying about the 13' charger and he 14' charger... What would you guys prefer? are the new cams that great? My buddy has the 13 charger and is super quiet, light, and fast. what does the 14 do?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I think the bows are pretty much the same except that they changed the limb pockets in 2014 to a composite (plastic) material. The 2013 has a machined aluminum pocket.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think the bows are pretty much the same except that they changed the limb pockets in 2014 to a composite (plastic) material. The 2013 has a machined aluminum pocket.
They changed the cams a bit as well in mid 13 due to string chewing.

I would go for something that doesn't have fuel cams. My rampage xt has em and they are really stiff and rip your arm off if you creep at all. My buddies 13 charger is very smooth and no arm ripping either. Shot the new z5 cams and ordered a carbon spyder. The z5 is very smooth and doesn't want to run away I found.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts