Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,119 Posts
the highest quality, well thought out gear for the niche i own is kifaru... everything i have from them is well thought out, and high quality.

rain gear (important here) kuiu is the only rain gear that's worth the money for coastal brush... first lite is a distant second... got the kryptek takur this year, and it was a waste of money... the 2 sets of sitka were too... maybe not bad, but not durable at all.... raingear is all i like from kuiu (and gaiters) but they do it best.

Zamberlan boots... can't say anything bad about them, solid boots with a great warranty, the 4 pair we have are great, holding up better than any other boots i have had over the years.

spot hogg... can't go wrong with anything spot hogg, i shoot their sights and release, nothing but good experience with them.

Hamskea... i think they build the best rest... probably debatable, but mine has been "coast proof" so far, full confidence in it.

clothing in general, i prefer first lite, but that's because they have products i like and lots of solid color options, and their camo patterns aren't annoyingly trendy... all of the high end camo is good, just depends on the articles you need... i NEVER match, have a mix of first lite, sitka, asat, kuiu, and a little kryptek... i usually have solid pants a 3-4 different camo patterns on, haha.

good glass is very much worth the money to me... getting ready to order some swaro nl pures, and my current kowa prominar (which kick ass) will go to my better half.

i wear my kifaru pack the most, but love my EXO too, both are very much worth the money (add stone glacier to that list)

i would say optics are my top pick for "worth the money" followed by packs, followed by boots, followed by clothing... the rest is down the list, and more "luxury items" i would say bows are not worth the money, since they only get a tiny bit better every year and depreciate huge, and i can shoot a 15yr old bow very well... new bows are fun, but they aren't a very good place to spend a budget

·
Registered
14,119 Posts
Vortex basic level stuff is top notch for the money. In my opinion- No one needs high end glass, unless you life or your living depends on it. 1000 dollar binos will give you an extar 5 minutes of light- thats it. Vortex warranty can not be beat.
i can't support this, haha! if you think all you gain is 5 minutes of light with good glass, that tells me you have not spent any time behind good glass. no one needs a lot of things, but good glass is one of my favorite things, and makes a huge difference if you are picking apart a lot of country, especially thick stuff. i have a Razor spotter, and had their UHD binos, and am getting the razor LHT scope soon, so not a hater by any stretch, but they are not comparable to good glass... their low end stuff isn't bad for low end stuff, but i think they are mostly over priced because you pay for that great warranty, and it gets used a lot

·
Registered
14,119 Posts
ScentLok, this is where I have probably spent the most money in the last 2 years, given the fact I lost 148# and so I am WAY smaller. Then I get colder so I invested more in their Fortress line that keeps me nice and warm, and they fit well.
did i read that right? you lost 148#? if so, that's crazy impressive, and best investment you could make

·
Registered
14,119 Posts
Yes, 148 pounds, definitely outside the norm for gastric sleeve surgery, like losing a whole other person. No cake walk, the criteria leading up to the eventual surgery was VERY strict and about seven months long.
that's awesome man!! congrats, that's a huge accomplishment, and i assume a huge improvement in quality of life.... investing in yourself is certainly the most important thing to invest in before any gadgets or gear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts