Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says, in your experience, what brands are worth the money? I'm familiar with Sitka, First Lite, Scentlok...what else do you think is a solid brand?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you ask 2 questions 1. "worth the money" 2. "solid brand"

need to explain that statement

spending 10 bucks on a camo shirt every 2 years or 50bucks on one every 4 years, which is worth the money and which is more solid then the other?
i don't mean cheap stuff. i mean gear that is on the expensive side, but is "solid" or worth what you're paying...seems like the rest of the repliers understood what i was asking. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just as the title says, in your experience, what brands are worth the money? I'm familiar with Sitka, First Lite, Scentlok...what else do you think is a solid brand?
Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to open a dedicated archery and hunting shop in my home town...i know i can't compete with walmart and dunhams with the price-range clothing they carry, so i am interested in higher-end brands that people won't find there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think trying to carry any amount of clothing is a loser proposition for most shops. I would get the bare minimum of a brand like Gamehide or Hushhide that favors shops. You will NEVER be able to compete with online outlets for variety and price and despite what everyone says on-line, they shop for price instead of going to a local shop. I would focus on other guns and bows and have good, knowledgable people working there that add value to the sale. Good luck!
Thank you for the insight. I was thinking that having something like Sitka on hand, so customers could actually try it on before buying, would be enough to drive sales but you’re not the first I’ve heard say what you’re saying so maybe I’ll have to reconsider. But that’s why I’m here getting opinions! Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
That might be the way to beat the big boys. Probably 9 out of 10 archery shops that open are closed within 5 years. But I have never been in one that only carried the best. If you are in a big city, you might be on to something. Another great product that you will not find in the box stores is Cougar Claw tree stands. It is a great, adjustable while climbing stand that is made in America. Good Luck!
We'll see, i've had a few people tell me that it's useless to carry the good stuff in store because people just get it online. I am also not in a big city, however, everyone in my area has to drive a minimum of 3.5 hours to get anything that's not walmart or dunham's. I'd hope to draw customers from all over the area, not just my town. Just dreamin', ya know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts