Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think trying to carry any amount of clothing is a loser proposition for most shops. I would get the bare minimum of a brand like Gamehide or Hushhide that favors shops. You will NEVER be able to compete with online outlets for variety and price and despite what everyone says on-line, they shop for price instead of going to a local shop. I would focus on other guns and bows and have good, knowledgable people working there that add value to the sale. Good luck!
Thank you for the insight. I was thinking that having something like Sitka on hand, so customers could actually try it on before buying, would be enough to drive sales but you’re not the first I’ve heard say what you’re saying so maybe I’ll have to reconsider. But that’s why I’m here getting opinions! Thank you.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
When it comes to clothing, Kuiu, Sitka, and Predator are my go-to clothing. Spot Hogg and Axcel are great sights and have served me well for countless hunts. Lone wolf for tree stands, a solid platform that renewed my faith in the hang-on style.
Love my Vortex binoculars. As a professional mariner where binoculars are a life and death tool, they can’t be beat for the price even after using some $1k-4k pairs.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have found that any high end brand merino base layers are awesome! I’m on a FirstLite kick at the moment. All of my outer layers are GoreTex from Cabelas… If I really wanted to replace all of my gear for top end stuff I would most likely go with Kuiu as it’s top notch… I really like Sitka as well! Really a buy once cry once type of mentality is a great way to go if you can afford to do so!

Reactions: DeerSerialKiller

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sitka. Sure, tons of camo out there. But Sikta gets it right with their built in face masks and strategic pocket placements. I have over 200 sits in some of my Sitka and still going strong. With built in pass through ports for your safety harness, it's short convenient and makes things even quueter

Spot Hogg: Won't find a better made sight. I tripped and fell last month and my bowsight Took the brunt of my fall. Not only did it NOT break, it also still shot dimes afterwards

Lone Wolf: Lightweight, American made and will last forever

Vortex rangefinders/ binos. Well priced, takes a beating

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sitka anything
Kuiu merino and down
SKRE anything
Crispi
Spott Hogg
Swaro binos and scopes
Leupold rangefinders and scopes
Black Diamond headlamp
Lone Wolf hang-ons

I'm personally not a fan of First Light, Badlands (has been hit or miss for me), Hawk, Danner

·
Registered
2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350 - Gold Tip Hunter XT arrows - QAD rest - Copper John sight
1,261 Posts
I feel there are a lot of high quality products out there and find that in this sport it comes down to paying for what you get. Especially with boots and clothing. I remember probably 15 years ago or more, I drove up to Cabelas in search of a set of cold weather bibs and a parka, for the really cold Iowa gun seasons and late winter hunts. I remember spending $700 on a set of Cabela's Scent Lok, Gore-Tex bibs and coat, these garments are heavy and well made, they feel like a soft blanket on the inside. Now granted, I have not worn them every time I set out to hunt, I have worn them probably 15-20 times a year on average I would say, for everything from snow blowing at the house in a blizzard, hunting the cold Iowa shotgun season, late season all day bow sits, middle of winter predator hunts, and some ice fishing. But I still own this set and still wear them when I go out on the worst days and want to stay warm. So like I have had to explain to my wife and hunting friends... you may pay big upfront but if you break it down in what it costs per year to own them and use them, and it's a high quality product, then it lasts and the cost for value doesn't seem so bad. Food for thought I guess. If you break down my $700 cold weather set over the 15 years that I have owned and worn them, that breaks down to roughly $47.00 a year. If a guy can swing the upfront cost, I would say it's worth it to buy more expensive higher end products...

Reactions: DeerSerialKiller

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have to say scentlok is way up there for me I have the revenant jacket and man it’s amazing whatever the pants name from cabelas that are $189 from scentlok I got them too and I will be toasty through any season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 78 Posts