Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
5,274 Posts
Scent Lok, I have had a set for over 15 years, quite zippers, built in arm guard, range finder pocket along with call pockets.
plus the jacket zipper is not straight up and down...full face hat that is great....

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sitka has been nothing short of amazing. To some its expensive, it was with me too. Now I just buy it because I know how good it is. The key is to get a piece or two a year and after a couple seasons you got a heck of a good set of options.

Lone Wolf custom gear stands and sticks. Buy once cry once enjoy it for life. Quality thats lightweight and so many nice features for the hang and hunt crew.

Vortex optics. The warranty and quality to $ ratio is the best in the business, period.

Badlands packs, built like a tank, tons of nice features.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Vortex basic level stuff is top notch for the money. In my opinion- No one needs high end glass, unless you life or your living depends on it. 1000 dollar binos will give you an extar 5 minutes of light- thats it. Vortex warranty can not be beat.
i can't support this, haha! if you think all you gain is 5 minutes of light with good glass, that tells me you have not spent any time behind good glass. no one needs a lot of things, but good glass is one of my favorite things, and makes a huge difference if you are picking apart a lot of country, especially thick stuff. i have a Razor spotter, and had their UHD binos, and am getting the razor LHT scope soon, so not a hater by any stretch, but they are not comparable to good glass... their low end stuff isn't bad for low end stuff, but i think they are mostly over priced because you pay for that great warranty, and it gets used a lot

·
wolfey
4,227 Posts
I’m conflicted on Kuiu. I have a base layer that’s falling apart after just a few wears, but my attack pants have been through hell and back and are still going strong.
Is it merino? Every merino I've had rips apart within a year or 2. I've switched to synthetic this year and it holds up way better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
i can't support this, haha! if you think all you gain is 5 minutes of light with good glass, that tells me you have not spent any time behind good glass. no one needs a lot of things, but good glass is one of my favorite things, and makes a huge difference if you are picking apart a lot of country, especially thick stuff. i have a Razor spotter, and had their UHD binos, and am getting the razor LHT scope soon, so not a hater by any stretch, but they are not comparable to good glass... their low end stuff isn't bad for low end stuff, but i think they are mostly over priced because you pay for that great warranty, and it gets used a lot
Ive looked through 1000 dollar binos...and I dont appreciate the difference. Again- the thread is about whats worth the money..not whats the Cadillac. For me- the warranty means alot... I get you pay for the warranty upfront- Badlands is a perfect case. But its nice to have that kind of service and at least some thought about making a lasting product. Mathews is another great example of warranty and service. And they arent over priced at all.

·
Vendor
26,465 Posts
Nobody’s mentioned Allen broadheads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That may be because almost everything Allen makes is a copy of an American invented or designed product made in China.(n)

·
Registered
216 Posts
First Lite has been great for me. First high end clothing kit I purchased and it is worth it. Also bought some Kuiu attack pants that are awesome. Can’t go wrong with either. Smart wool brand is not hunting specific but is great high quality merino that has lasted and I use for my heavyweight base.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Haha for real my cousin has some swaro EL binos and man they are unbelievable the most money I’ve ever spent on glass was my luepold vx5 hd rifle scope that’s was top of my price range and man was it worth it glass is something you don’t skimp on damn scope costed more than my rifle lol but yes his binos were nearly 3x more expensive than my scope and you can tell a VERY noticeable difference

·
Vendor
26,465 Posts
Haha for real my cousin has some swaro EL binos and man they are unbelievable the most money I’ve ever spent on glass was my luepold vx5 hd rifle scope that’s was top of my price range and man was it worth it glass is something you don’t skimp on damn scope costed more than my rifle lol but yes his binos were nearly 3x more expensive than my scope and you can tell a VERY noticeable difference

I don't care how accurate the gun is, you cant hit your target if you can't see it through the scope. ;) If you are going to shoot a rifle at long distance, ya need to spend money on glass.;)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I agree about glass. I have now put higher end scopes on my most used rifles and it has shown at longer shots 300 yards+. My leupold vx5hd & vortex razor lht are amazing. Now its time to upgrade binos and am looking at some mavens (bought the new rangefinder and it is awesome). I can only dream of what an even higher end scope would look like but honestly these scopes in the 1k price range are just perfect for what I need em to do as far as hunting goes. If I ever got in to competition, I can then and only then see myself spending 2k+ on optics for a rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,078 Posts
The old adage, "You get what you pay for" is factual to an extent....but there is a lot of quality gear that isn't the most expensive in the lineup. I have been bowhunting for 45 years and don't skimp, yet I don't own any Sitka or wear Lowa or Zamberlain boots either.

Bow setup....Elite Ritual 35 with MBG Ascent sight, Hamskea HHP rest, Shadow stab, Catfish Custom strings, Stan SX3 releases

Boots.....Irish Setter 400gr boa, 800gr speed lace; Danner uninsulated for turkey hunting; LaCrosse 2000gr lace up for really cold temps & knee-hi

Camo......Cabela's Outfitter fleece, Wooltimate, ASAT knit, bibs and Day One fleece, leafy suit; Kryptek lightweight early season; Realtree Edge bibs/ hoody/vest; Woolrich camo wool; IWOM

Optics.....Sig Kilo 1200 & 2000 rangefinders; Nikon pro-compact binos; Zeiss Conquest 8x30

Stands......LW Assault with replacement mesh seat, LW sticks with EWO double steps and daisy straps; Millennium M7; Hawk Helium sticks modded with DIY versa buttons and 8mm rope; Cougar Claw climber with Third Hand accessories and LWCG carry system

Everything listed has been used and tested in the woods for safety, durability and function under rigorous conditions. If I thought something else was better, I would buy it and replace what I have.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
The old adage, "You get what you pay for" is factual to an extent....but there is a lot of quality gear that isn't the most expensive in the lineup. I have been bowhunting for 45 years and don't skimp, yet I don't own any Sitka or wear Lowa or Zamberlain boots either.

Bow setup....Elite Ritual 35 with MBG Ascent sight, Hamskea HHP rest, Shadow stab, Catfish Custom strings, Stan SX3 releases

Boots.....Irish Setter 400gr boa, 800gr speed lace; Danner uninsulated for turkey hunting; LaCrosse 2000gr lace up for really cold temps & knee-hi

Camo......Cabela's Outfitter fleece, Wooltimate, ASAT knit, bibs and Day One fleece, leafy suit; Kryptek lightweight early season; Realtree Edge bibs/ hoody/vest; Woolrich camo wool; IWOM

Optics.....Sig Kilo 1200 & 2000 rangefinders; Nikon pro-compact binos; Zeiss Conquest 8x30

Stands......LW Assault with replacement mesh seat, LW sticks with EWO double steps and daisy straps; Millennium M7; Hawk Helium sticks modded with DIY versa buttons and 8mm rope; Cougar Claw climber with Third Hand accessories and LWCG carry system

Everything listed has been used and tested in the woods for safety, durability and function under rigorous conditions. If I thought something else was better, I would buy it and replace what I have.
There is no “best”. If there was, there wouldn’t be 25 companies making clothing, bows, broadheads etc. need to find what’s “best” for you.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts