Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to see what you all suggest for a stab for a Guardian. Definitely looking for a hunting stab...maybe 7-8 inches. The bow is pretty much shock free so I am really looking for something as a balancer...not too long and not too heavy.

I have shot the postens and like them but they are kind of pricey and are hard to come by used. Any suggestions? Thanks...
Greg

p.s. looking for something in Realtree ap green in case someone has one...

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
looking to see what you all suggest for a stab for a Guardian. Definitely looking for a hunting stab...maybe 7-8 inches. The bow is pretty much shock free so I am really looking for something as a balancer...not too long and not too heavy.

I have shot the postens and like them but they are kind of pricey and are hard to come by used. Any suggestions? Thanks...
Greg

p.s. looking for something in Realtree ap green in case someone has one...
Pricey? $61 shipped is about as good as it gets for a stabilizer that is built to stabilize.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1014648

JIM

·
straubman
69 Posts
stabilizer

You cant go wrong with a Posten I have 2 of them and you would probably pay more fror a Octane or something along that line.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i use the 7" octane & it works great for shock, & ok as a stabilizer...
I think it needs some more weight @ the end to work well as a stab.
i am thinking about getting a b-stinger weight to put on the end of it, & i am hoping that will help with the stabilization issues.

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
best stabilizer imo is the paradigm sos. cant be beat. just check them out. to many options to explain them all.

but since it sounds like you dont want to spend alot. a posten would be my second choice. $61 is dirt cheap for a stab.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Posten all the way, Jim's prices are probably a tad below the norm for quality stabilizers!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I prefer the 8 in b-stinger for hunting.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Pricey? $61 shipped is about as good as it gets for a stabilizer that is built to stabilize.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1014648

JIM
Yep. You can find them on the classies for a bit less, but probably not until after hunting season. Posten or Xtreme. My buddy has a Posten and I got an Xtreme, and they both are true stabilizers. Mine was ordered at 8" long for hunting. Guardians are a great match with either. I shoot one so I know. Wait, there's a Posten Woodsman I for sale right now in the classifieds. Originally Posted by mwells
Is this sale still on?

You bet.

http://www.jimposten.com/SALE0909.html

JIM

·
Registered
168 Posts
b stinger or smooth stability if you go with the b-stinger in 8 go with a 14oz weight. 10oz=11 and 12=8 but i am going with a 12 with a 11 oz just for the long shots.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
8" Smooth Stability!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Xtreme offers an X3 for $75 dollars, can be 3 differently lengths, I have one and it balances great on my bow, you can add weight to the end or take weight off, best stabilizer I have ever shoot. Website in my signature if you are interested.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep. You can find them on the classies for a bit less, but probably not until after hunting season. Posten or Xtreme. My buddy has a Posten and I got an Xtreme, and they both are true stabilizers. Mine was ordered at 8" long for hunting. Guardians are a great match with either. I shoot one so I know. Wait, there's a Posten Woodsman I for sale right now in the classifieds. Originally Posted by mwells
Is this sale still on?

You bet.

http://www.jimposten.com/SALE0909.html

JIM
In the photo, which one is the 8in? the camo insert in the corner?

·
Registered
880 Posts
alpine MR2

I ended up with an Alpine MR2 on my Guardian. It helped the balance for me and is still short enough that you don't have to take it off to fit the bow in your case. It also comes in matching camo!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I LOVE MY 12" POSTEN

1 - 20 of 24 Posts