Archery Talk Forum banner

What I tell my Wife (when she gets upset with shooting)

453 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Powerstroker
well, i moved her anchor point down a bit which raised her peep and that fixed everything. she shoot goldtip 35\55 with 75gr muzzys. she started at 33 pounds and is now up to about 38lbs. she is shooting good but her first arrow or to is kinda wacky then she settles in and kills the deer target for about 12 shots then she gets tired and i can tell case her shots start to wonder around the deer target so i have her quit for the day and pick it up the next day. then i also have her stretch out at the end of shooting.

she gets upset towards the end of the shooting practice session cause her shots start to wonder, and she really want to hunt this opening weekend, cause i got a 135" 8pt. passing by her stand everyday on the cuddieback camera and she wants it so bad!!!!!!! sounds like me lol :darkbeer:

She keeps saying I dont wont to mess him up by not hitting him in the right spot but i say....... Hey we have to start somewhere if we mess up we have plenty of camp members that will bust their rears to find that deer for you if it takes a week we will find it, and i said if you miss then we got more arrows and you know i can put you on another big buck within days, so calm down and just focus on what you have learned, clear your head and be comfortable and be smooth the rest will come with practice.

I sure hope Im helping her in the right ways Im just as nervous for her to get him as if i was actually hunting the deer myself..... Man I have been stressed all week i really want to get her into the woods so bad......

Listen to this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I came home one day and called her name to see what she was doin and i heard her Im in here,,,, so i walk back to the office room and she's on the computer looking at 2 screens one has primos.com on it and the other is deer and deer hunting but the best thing is she had her camo hat and face mask on and her primos gloves on too sitting at the computer reading>>>>>>>>>>:tongue: I said what are you doin, youlook like your becoming obsessed like me and she said..... yep I am and i reading so i know what to do when i need to do it and we can talk about this stuff more................................... Look fellas i just got married 2 weeks ago and i got the best hunting partner the LORD could ever give me, along with my father who got me obsessed as a todler!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Anyway thanks for listening
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8,684 Posts
well, i moved her anchor point down a bit which raised her peep and that fixed everything. she shoot goldtip 35\55 with 75gr muzzys. she started at 33 pounds and is now up to about 38lbs. she is shooting good but her first arrow or to is kinda wacky then she settles in and kills the deer target for about 12 shots then she gets tired and i can tell case her shots start to wonder around the deer target so i have her quit for the day and pick it up the next day. then i also have her stretch out at the end of shooting.

she gets upset towards the end of the shooting practice session cause her shots start to wonder, and she really want to hunt this opening weekend, cause i got a 135" 8pt. passing by her stand everyday on the cuddieback camera and she wants it so bad!!!!!!! sounds like me lol :darkbeer:

She keeps saying I dont wont to mess him up by not hitting him in the right spot but i say....... Hey we have to start somewhere if we mess up we have plenty of camp members that will bust their rears to find that deer for you if it takes a week we will find it, and i said if you miss then we got more arrows and you know i can put you on another big buck within days, so calm down and just focus on what you have learned, clear your head and be comfortable and be smooth the rest will come with practice.

I sure hope Im helping her in the right ways Im just as nervous for her to get him as if i was actually hunting the deer myself..... Man I have been stressed all week i really want to get her into the woods so bad......

Listen to this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I came home one day and called her name to see what she was doin and i heard her Im in here,,,, so i walk back to the office room and she's on the computer looking at 2 screens one has primos.com on it and the other is deer and deer hunting but the best thing is she had her camo hat and face mask on and her primos gloves on too sitting at the computer reading>>>>>>>>>>:tongue: I said what are you doin, youlook like your becoming obsessed like me and she said..... yep I am and i reading so i know what to do when i need to do it and we can talk about this stuff more................................... Look fellas i just got married 2 weeks ago and i got the best hunting partner the LORD could ever give me, along with my father who got me obsessed as a todler!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Anyway thanks for listening

well she has yet to know that it is a whole different ball game when the deer gets involved especially a 135 inch 8 pt. :):):)

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Just be carefull what you wish for! Mine has been kicking my butt ever since I tought her how to shoot. And she hunts more than I do now a days!!! :wink:Ken

· Registered
30,683 Posts
Wish her all the best for me! It would be great to take a deer like that on her first time out. But I wanted to mention one thing- 12 arrows a day won't help her improve very fast. I had the same issue when I started- I'd get tired really fast and my arrows would be all over the place. Have her just take a 20 minute break and then come back and shoot again. Also, have her shoot fewer arrows at a time. Only let 4 fly, then go get them and shoot 4 more. It's a small thing, but it makes a big difference. That will build up her stamina quickly.

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys her deer has been gut shot by a fellow hunter in the club that hunted out of my stand and shot the deer at about 12 yards....:mad::mad: The deer ended up having 2 stickers points making him a 10pt which would have made him rough in at about 142 or so>>>>>>-------->

I tell you no respect for peoples hunting areas or nothing, when i see a stand setup while scouting i get out of there as quick as i can and never hunt in there until that person pulls out of that spot gosh it really makes me mad, especially since he gut shot it a never found him......... people like that ruin it for first timers cause she really doesnt want to go now but we are going to try and take a doe....

that fella even saied on the work day the other day,,,,,,,hey i guess i can climb up your stand and put my climber on the tree and go above yours huh??? and he said this to my father, and my father replyied well i guess but we are trying to get his wife to shoot a deer for the first time. it really takes alot of me not to go to the camp tonight and confront htis person>>>>>>>>-------->>>

I really need to vent guys sorry

what would you do in this situation????? would you say something to this person??????? or just let it go???????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.