Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A tennis racquet is a pretty simple device right? No moving parts and the sole function is to hit a ball across a net.

Well check out the latest tennis racquet technology. These companies are using amazing science and materials to make tennis racquets better.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/technologies.html

Somewhere in tennis racquet design is your future bow if the bow-makers ever seek to catch up with racquet builders ;)

Can't wait for my new titanium-carbon fiber, computer chipped damped, gyro stabilized Hoyt TitanTec :D

OX

·
Registered
13,158 Posts
Ox.

You got it partially wrong here...it is a "Hoyt TitanTecBACK".

field14 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Well ya gonna have too use flu-flu arrows to hold down on the distance arrows will travel when shooting at tennis balls:darkbeer: <rootbeer float:wink: AC

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
archerycharlie said:
Well ya gonna have too use flu-flu arrows to hold down on the distance arrows will travel when shooting at tennis balls:darkbeer: <rootbeer float:wink: AC
indeed :)

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RobVos said:
Ox -- I often wondered the same thing being as I enjoy tennis. I was actually keeping it a secret until I could find an insider in the tennis industry and talk them into sharing some stuf with the archery industry on my behalf.
Rob I spoke with Terry Martin today and mentioned the tennis technology and he was interested but said too many big bow companies are so busy with new models that they don't have that much time to do extensive R&D on extreme concepts.

I think a carbon-fiber, jell filled riser with titanium limb pockets and cams with embedded microchips to dampen the shot would be cool.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Funny, in high school (early 80's) I got at the time a high dollar tennis racket $ 300.00. Now I can buy a $50.00 one at Target that will kick that thing butt by itself. They have come a long way...course so have golf clubs. What is the deal with the aluminum riser?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Oxford said:
Rob I spoke with Terry Martin today and mentioned the tennis technology and he was interested but said too many big bow companies are so busy with new models that they don't have that much time to do extensive R&D on extreme concepts.

I think a carbon-fiber, jell filled riser with titanium limb pockets and cams with embedded microchips to dampen the shot would be cool.
Sure, and it will cost as much as a car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
$$$$$$

Oxford said:

$$$$$$$$$ I feel the money just buring a hole in my pocket .

i dont think the carbon fiber would be able to withstand constant tention.. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Oxford said:
Hey Ox, I`ve had that hollow, Navcom injected riser in my head for quite some time. I`m surprised we haven`t seen this on the market yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts