Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago my switchback was tuned and my slick tricks were hitting in almost the same hole as my practice points. Today I shot a practice point and it was dead center at 25 yds. I shot another arrow with a slick trick and it hit 2 inchs right and 2 inchs low. I shot 4 more times with the slick trick arrow and continued to hit low and right. My nock/rest has not moved and I use Vapor trail strings. The arrow and slick trick spun great with no wobble. What could cause the slick tricks to suddely not hit with my practice points?:sad:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
How new is your Vapor Trail string?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Broadheads

Be sure and check and see if the blades are still lined up and in the proper place. I would also check the ferrule to make sure that they are straight and if there is any type of washer, check and see if it is damaged. I'm just guessing, but that is where I would start, it sounds like you have ruled out bow problems.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Were you shooting without your bow quiver before, and now it's on?

·
10Ringr
1,270 Posts
You may also try changing the nock on that arrow.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I'll shoot a tad to the left if I'm not paying attention to my grip....it has to be consistent.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Doc said:
How new is your Vapor Trail string?
Sounds like string stretch to me. An aging string can do funky things to your bow.:confused:
KO_32

1 - 9 of 9 Posts