Archery Talk Forum banner

What is a D-loop Melting tool?

4755 34
And where can u buy them?
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Administrator
65,643 Posts
Melting tool??? I think most would call that a lighter...
That's what I use, though a match will do in a pinch.. :lol:

Anything with a flame will melt loop material, candle, lighter, torch... depends on how much ya wanna spend to melt synthetic cord material. :wink:

· Registered
2,121 Posts
I use an electric iron with a flat tip. Burning works but you can get a brittle end on your loop material. What you want to do is melt the material without charring it.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
I prefer generic disposable lighters myself.i use a business card with a 1/4" hole in it as a heat shield to protect the string

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,063 Posts
Uh, yeah, I call it a lighter. :confused: Your local gas station will have them guaranteed. Anything more is a waste of money - it isn't that complicated.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
The niftiest one I have seen was a fairly large steel bolt with a small dimple drilled into the end of it. Heat it up in the blow torch and press the loop material against it. I don't have the tools to make one and have never bothered to ask someone else to make one. If I can think about it sometime I probably will.

Though, yea, a lighter works just fine to me too. I've even caught the ends on fire and had them work for the life of the string (for me about a year to year and a half) though I try not to do that. The pictures I saw of the ones melted with the bolt were really nice looking though - absolutely perfect little balls and the color of the ends was perfect (no burning whatsoever). It was especially interesting looking on bright colored string loop material.

I can't say how his end burner device works but I really like the Zenith releases - everything I have seen from him is top notch. I'm sure if you wanted a tool and do not like homemade solutions that would be the way to go.

74,554 Posts

74,554 Posts
Thanks DB, think im gonna order me one. :thumbs_up
We spend more than that on one meal. Gary Coffey got one like it that screws into inserts for easy removal as well.

DB

74,554 Posts
Coffey Archery Marketing. Just have to do a search.
DB

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.