Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is shooting a 40lb browning youth bow and would like to know what broad head would be best for him? Last year he shot the 75 grain Steel Force Phat Head....he had no problems with it but was just looking for some other options.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
That is a s good as it gets.
You can look at any other quality Cut on Contact heads and have good results........but he is all ready shooting the one I would recommend.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Ramcat 100 gr. (unless they have a 75 gr.) One of the best penetrating BH's you will find.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Slick Trick standards.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
My daughter shoots 30-35 lbs. She shoots a 2-blade 100grn stinger. She gets more penetration into the rhinehart with the magnus vrs the 100 grn phathead, but in a deer I doubt you would see a heck of alot of difference.

·
Cato
4,078 Posts
That steel force is not a bad choice. I would stay with a cut on contact head, with small bleeders probably. I killed a bunch of deer with a 49# recurve and those type heads.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Started my kids out with Magnus heads and they still shoot them. My daughter shoots low poundage and she uses Stingers.
Dan

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
My wife shoots ST coc head or bloodshot broadhead also a coc head and she shoots 40lbs and her friend shoots 41lbs and uses g5 cs broadheads. All three are great heads imo and they both (wife and friend) had pass thrus on rams at 27.5 yards and 18 yards

·
Registered
545 Posts
I shot 85 grain magnus stingers when I was shooting 40 lbs. Some 85 grain thunderheads would do great too

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I shot 85 grain magnus stingers when I was shooting 40 lbs. Some 85 grain thunderheads would do great too
Totally agree, my wife and kids all use 85gr Thunderheads!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to all.... I have some great options now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts