Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into Dyer and Sons for spring bear in New Brunswick. The price is $2700 for 6 days of hunting, lodging and meals. Is this an average price? I dont mind paying that much but I dont want to pay that if I can get a quality hunt for less.

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
proskinnertts said:
I was looking into Dyer and Sons for spring bear in New Brunswick. The price is $2700 for 6 days of hunting, lodging and meals. Is this an average price? I dont mind paying that much but I dont want to pay that if I can get a quality hunt for less.

Try Bear Paw Outfitters! They are also in New Brunswick and I had a great hunt with them last year. Going back!! You can reach Mike Roy at 506-548-5157 or www.bearhuntingoutfitters.com or www.tomogonopslake.com

I had a great time and shot a really nice bear! Saw over 10 bears in 3 days.

Tell Mike Darrin sent ya!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I know nothing about Dyer outfitting except that their prices doubled after Chuck Adams hunted with them. I have hunted New Brunswick before and IMO $1400 is what a NB bear hunt is worth.

For that amount of money, I would check out Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta.

·
I Should Be Hunting
1,226 Posts
Dyer Outfitters

I hunted with them this past spring. We didn't pay the 2700, but it was over 2000. The lodge is good, nothing real fancy. Food is very good. Large area where he runs baits. Units 7,11, and another I believe. Some baits are a good hour or more from camp. He has good guides and generally runs a good operation. Everyone shot bears or had shot opportunities to shoot bear. I really can't say anything negative about my hunt. He has several trucks to run hunters and runs around 100 baits, maybe even more. The spots my group hunted were all pretty far from each other and were not close to another guides baits. We had several hunters in camp that week, but that was due to a screw-up from another group on which week they were suppost to be there. Plus the RealTree Roadtrips group was there that week also. Michael Waddell was a great guy to talk with.

I would go back and hunt with them again, but I must admit that the prices are going up. Its possible to get the same kind of hunt at less money, but I have not hunted with anyone else in New Brunswick to know. I have been talking with another outfitter and know of another that I'd hunt with also.

I realize that the cost of everything keeps going up and guided hunts are no different. But at some point, it becomes more money than guys are willing to pay. Some increases I see outfitters charge from year to year are too high IMO, but it is what it is.

If you want more info, you can PM me.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
chuck7413 said:
I know nothing about Dyer outfitting except that their prices doubled after Chuck Adams hunted with them. I have hunted New Brunswick before and IMO $1400 is what a NB bear hunt is worth.

This is exactly correct!! If you are going to spend that much money go to one of the western provinces and have a great Bear hunt.:)

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
chuck7413 said:

Pretty sage advice..... ;)

I think my hunt last year was under $1500 total with lic. If not under it was right there.... I saw the Roadtrips show and I think the hunts looked similar in accomodations and type/size of bears.... The food at my place consisted of T-bones to lobsters ;)

I did hear Ashley say Mike was mean at the end.....:eek: Sounded just like my wife would!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Try the Miramichi Inn. Great opportunities, great food and accomodations. I can't say enough good things about them.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Big Paw Outfitters

We hunted with Kevin Caisse at Big Paw Outfitter 506-855-4974. Great guides, awesome food, beautiful setting, all inclusive for $1300.

·
Registered
302 Posts
chuck7413 said:

good advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I Should Be Hunting
1,226 Posts
What?????

What makes anyone think that a bear hunt in New Brunswick should cost less than a hunt in westen Canada? They are killing some really great bears up there.

It sure would be nice if they all cost less than $2000

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
Grunt-N-Gobble said:
What makes anyone think that a bear hunt in New Brunswick should cost less than a hunt in westen Canada? They are killing some really great bears up there.

It sure would be nice if they all cost less than $2000

Average size of bears.... Ease of amenities and supplies (cost for outfitter) and 2 bears in Alberta are just a few reasons I can think of for cost differences.

I do believe for the average hunter on the eastern side of the country NB is a GREAT choice for quality bear hunts!

ps. I have shot a bear in Saskatchewan also, so I do have some experience out west... Next bear trip out west is to Alaska or Yukon!!!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been on 2 NB bear hunts....each was under 1300. 2700 is wayyyyy to much to be paying for up there. Look around, You can find a better price.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ChrisM said:
I have been on 2 NB bear hunts....each was under 1300. 2700 is wayyyyy to much to be paying for up there. Look around, You can find a better price.
Exactly. I am not saying don't hunt NB, I have twice and will again. But it's all about opportunities, for $2700 you can put yourself in a much better position to harvest a quality animal in Western Canada.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree !!! Alberta @ 2500-3000 for two bear limit is better bargain!! Plus, the Peace River area has high percentage of Color phase bears!! You can kill early and trophy hunt the rest of the trip!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
help a son find a hunt for his father

my Father wants to go to new Brunswick for a bear hunt this spring. Its the a hunt he has wanted to do for a wile. we were going to go last spring but my mother past away. they were together from the age of 16 teen and at 55 years old we were starting to go through his life dream hunts we had dune an elk hunt in Colorado the year before and was going to do a bear hunt the following spring but ideas change when you lose somebody that you been with for as long as they had been. it has been a year and i have been able to talk him into trying to look for an outfitter for a bear hunt. that were around 1500 and down. within an hour or two from the maine boarder does any body have any ideas thanks

·
Registered
11,484 Posts

Exactly!! You can hunt with a Quality outfitter around Riding Mountain Park in Manitoba for that. There is no better area to Bear hunt. Lots of Bears, Color phase Bears, and Big Bears. Here's a pic of my last RMP Manitoba Bear:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts