Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am getting a '08 connie, but I am having a hard time finding a case for it that doesn't break the bank. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,660 Posts
Plano protektor, works good, costs little. Its a bit bulky though...
Exactly.

I just got one for my Mathews. I figured that since I'll only shoot locally, I won't need an SKB to board an airplane.

I got mine from Amazon (none of my local shops carry them) for not much money.

I don't think they are bulky at all.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might need an airline approved one because I am considering going to Vegas next year and I am going to PSE School this summer. I was looking into the Auroras but don't know which one to get.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Plano says that one is airline approved, but I wouldn't trust it. The Plano case I had was a brittle plastic. There is no padding above the bow when it's closed. The arrows could easily come loose when baggage handlers are throwing it around.

Why make such big archery plans with nice bows and skimp on the case? A really good case will pay for itself in time since you won't go through multiple cheap cases.

The SKB cases are great (and they come with an insurance policy). If you like softer cases the Aurora cases are very nice. I got an Easton Navigator soft case for traveling to tournaments by car. It's a great case for ~$100, but I haven't flown with it yet.

My SKB rode to northern Quebec and back and has flown multiple times. Never had a problem with stuff on the inside, but the outside has it's fair share of scratches ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plano says that one is airline approved, but I wouldn't trust it. The Plano case I had was a brittle plastic. There is no padding above the bow when it's closed. The arrows could easily come loose when baggage handlers are throwing it around.

Why make such big archery plans with nice bows and skimp on the case? A really good case will pay for itself in time since you won't go through multiple cheap cases.

The SKB cases are great (and they come with an insurance policy). If you like softer cases the Aurora cases are very nice. I got an Easton Navigator soft case for traveling to tournaments by car. It's a great case for ~$100, but I haven't flown with it yet.

My SKB rode to northern Quebec and back and has flown multiple times. Never had a problem with stuff on the inside, but the outside has it's fair share of scratches ;)
I know the better ones pay off, but I am 17 and right now I cannot afford to spend $250 on a case.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I gotcha. Maybe you could try a case like the Plano and add some more egg crate material to it for extra padding. An arrow case in your luggage would keep your arrows safe.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Do your self a favor and get the SKB case. There the best for the money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try this one from Plano. You can get them from Bass Pro Shopps for $99.99 or Acadamy Sports for $92.99. I bought one for my Hoyt Vantage Pro & love it so far.

Cubic Foot Displacement: 00004.38
GTIN: 00024099108119

108110 AW BOW CASE

Rugged thick-wall construction

Added strength of the crush resistant PillarLock system

Lockable, spring assisted dual-stage latches

Allows for the storage of a fully-loaded quiver (mounting bracket required)

Weather resistant rubber seal

Additional accessory tie-down strap included

Elastomeric arrow storage fits both standard and carbon fiber arrows

Padlock tabs for airline travel

Exterior Dimensions: 48” x 20.75” x 7.5”

Interior Dimensions: 46.5” x 16” x 6.75”

1 - 16 of 16 Posts