Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent thread GT mentioned a "split-type" clicker. I can guess what it would be, but somebody must know for sure!

?

kgk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you mean a 2 stage clicker? You'll find one on altservices. Its just like your regular clicker except that it will click twice. Once when you are close to full draw and once at full draw.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe that the split clicker would be hard to use. Most Rcurve archers have trained themselves to release on the click. With this, they would have to ignore the first click and release on the second.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Seems to me the theory behind it would be to let you know when you have gone far enough to let you know that you are just a hair from pulling all the way through. Time to FOCUS!
Just a matter of using a different input to your brain...instead of a visual input it is an audible one. Not much different that say a click on a BT release.

·
Registered
801 Posts
"Most Rcurve archers have trained themselves to release on the click. With this, they would have to ignore the first click and release on the second."

BTW they should be trained to know it is "OK to release" when it clicks, not shoot when it clicks. At least that is how I was taught...just cause it clicks does not meant you HAVE TO shoot, it just means it is OK to shoot. Maybe that is why I dont shoot recurve anymore.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
A lot of archers watch the clicker on the point of the arrow. I was watching the 2000 Olympics tape and saw many folks shift their focus down to the oint then up to the sight...

·
Registered
123 Posts
They've been around for a long time. I made one by taking a hacksaw to a regular clicker and making a cut from the tip up to the 1st bend. This was back in 1974.

They aren't hard to get used to. The fact that you don't release on the first click makes for a much smoother release on the 2nd click because it trains you not to flinch at the click. The other good thing about them is that you don't need to watch the clicker get close to going off the point. All your concentration can be on aiming.

Unless there have been some rule changes, they aren't legal for FITA competition..something about having more than one draw check.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PSI said:
Unless there have been some rule changes, they aren't legal for FITA competition..something about having more than one draw check.
Yes, I think that you are right, but GT just said that they're now legal... this is what led to my wondering about them.

kgk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The rules used to say that you were allowed a single draw check. The restriction to a single draw check has been removed from the rules.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
split clicker

are you 100 percent positive about it being legal? I always shot with one, shot my best scores with the split.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Here is the bit from the rule book:

A draw check device, audible and/or visual, which must not be electric or electronic,
may be used.

The rule used to say that you were allowed only one draw check.

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
I believe it was D Pace who told me that two stage clickers were legal in the mid 70's: one Russian Lady used one well and when they were banned some thought it cost her the Montreal Title.

PAA great Steve Robinson spoke of having a clicker that "set" on a groove in his point-the drawback was that if you wanted to let down you had to pull the arrow clear through the clicker:rolleyes: because once it was set, you couldn't let it down the conventional way

Barry I am sure gt would know-so would Don Rabska since he is on the technical committee and it was from him that National Judge Don Casteel and FITA Judge Tom Green were able to get me an answer on whether the martin aurora (which has built in sims "mushrooms") was FITA barebow legal (it is)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is the bit from the rule book:
A draw check device, audible and/or visual, which must not be electric or electronic, may be used.
I don't know when new rules has been developed, but rule is changed:

Rules
BOOK 3
Target Archery
CHAPTER 11
Athletes Equipment

11.1.4. One draw check indicator, audible, tactile or visual may be used provided it is not electric or electronic.

http://worldarchery.org/Rules

Now two stage clicker is forbiden :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts