Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it really matter what bow brand you shoot?

Why do people feel the need to trash the other bow brands that they don't shoot?

It gets so bad it feels personal..."You are a moron if you shoot that bow!"

WHY?

Why do people have to tell others about their "perception" of the quality of someone elses bow.

I have shot several different bow brands and like them all. Right now I prefer a certain brand and model over all that I have ever shot. I have recommended it to a lot of people... BUT... I hope that I have never offended anyone with condescending talk about how their choice of bow is wrong.

It gets so out of control at times that I feel that a fistfight would break out if they were in the same room.

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!

Those of you who insist on making all of this a personal thing....LIGHTEN UP!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I'm sure some marketing genius will come out with the Calvin p*ss on Hoyt, Mathews, Ross, Bowtech, etc stickers to go next to everyones p*ss on Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge stickers.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love it!

fasst said:
*Note: <----- My "Doc created" avatar :tongue:
Do you mean to tell me you don't have a bad thing to say about any of those???
Don't say it out loud!

LOL
Tom

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bet...

CY67 said:
I'm sure some marketing genius will come out with the Calvin p*ss on Hoyt, Mathews, Ross, Bowtech, etc stickers to go next to everyones p*ss on Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge stickers.
they are already out there....

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
It's the nature of the beast. Same thing with trucks, motorcycles, guns, paint, lawnmowers, stands, fishing reels, tires, snowblowers, motor oil, beer, toilet paper, women....oh wait, wrong thread!:D

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
The way I see it is, we are all archers out enjoying what we have available. I will be more than glad to shoot with anyone. If I get beat my another archer, I got beat by them, not their Mathews, BowTech, Hoyt, Martin, or any other bow. Heck, tie some string around an Osage limb and grab some old dowel rods so we can go have fun!

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I think some guys get soooo caught up in their decision-making processes that they have some buyers remorse or something, then they think they gotta justify their choices online even escalating to name-calling and attacks if there is disagreement. :confused:

God forbid if someone has something break. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Makes for good spectating I guess. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It depends...

Red Rocker said:
Hey, my bow is better than your bow!!:bolt:
What are you shooting?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I drive A Chevy and haul my Polaris and Bowtech in it, and if you dont like it you can kiss my butt!!!! No but really, I do, and you can!!!!!

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I find it so stupid. I could pretty much pick a top end bow from any manufacturer and be happy with it. I buy based what a dealer that I like sells and pick between those..

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Shoot what you like,

that's what I do. :wink:

I could care less what you shoot. I would hope you would shoot what you want to.

I'm just happy that you are shooting a bow. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
T-LaBee......great post.....:wink:

I've shot quite well with too many different brands to get overly "fired-up" about any single brand.....

If Mathews stopped making the Apex (which i currently shoot), it would not upset me to shoot a Hoyt ProTec or a Barnsdale at all.....

·
Ad Meliora
17,177 Posts
I don't consider that kind of thing loyalty...I consider it arrogance.

I have seen some of the popular people on here switch brands and act as if the new brand is so much better, act like it is their only choice. That becomes arrogance...many loudmouths just trying to make themselves feel and look good.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.:rolleyes: i hate your bow blah, blah, blah, blah, blah:rolleyes:
are you really that tender that you cant take i bit of bashing? if all bows are are the best in its owners eyes and the owner knows it, why would they pay any attention to the famous "my bow is better than you bow" ? i'll be happy with a decent answer- it dos'nt even have to be great.:zip:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts