Archery Talk Forum banner

What is so special about Fuse Bowhunter Freestyle Stabilizer?

1539 Views 25 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Outsider
Why I cannot find them anywhere? What make it different from the regular fuse short stabilizer? Is it the weight on the end? Why not a single dealer around me heard about that stabilizer?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
I've had one on order for about a month now. Stinkin Hoyt and Fuse with their delays!!!
They are basically a B-Stinger with a blade shaped rod. The rod is supposed to cut through wind better than a round rod.
Yes the weigh is all up front.
Your dealer has not heard about it because they're not that common… most people either get the target length blades from Fuse, or else get the shorter hunter stabs with rubber dampeners.

· YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. My dealer also told me that he cannot find them in his catalog so he cannot order it for me. Can you share how much did you pay for it?

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
They are in the catalog, but he has to look on the bottom of the page. On the website under "stabilizers" he has to go to the "Carbon Blade" tab, not the "Carbon Blade ES" tab. They are all the way on the bottom. I cannot tell you my price, but they are about $150

· Registered
1,948 Posts
I assume you are bidding on the one that ends soon on ebay. I just bought one exactly like it used on here for $80 shipped. It is an awesome stabilizer and after shooting with it I would have paid much more for it.

7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you shoot NFAA Bowhunter Freestyle? In theirs rule book they specify that the stabilizer "cannot exceed 12" at any time, as measured from the back of the bow." So the stabilizer itself have to be shorter than 12"?

· Registered
1,948 Posts
I waited and watched because I wanted to try one but didn't want to pay the asking price. They are awesome, I think the bee stingers would perform exactly the same for less money. I really wanted the fuse though to go with my carbon hoyt.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Did you win? Like the post above says if you are shooting comp with it you will want the 10" stabilizer because it is 10.5" with the weight and 11.5" with a quick disconnect. The 11.5" blade will be too long if you use a disconnect with it because it measures right at 12" with the weight.

7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
buy a used doinker or b stinger and dont be a fashion unconsious sucker
I believe blade shape have less wind resistance. That is why I don't want the doinker or b stinger. I know Fuse cost more but this is because its a carbon and they have to fabricate special mold to achieve the blade shape with the recessed areas.

· Reverend
6,951 Posts
$180! Yikes.
Are you sure he's not quoting you for a Carbon Blade ES "side rod?" Those are really pricey.
If you managed to get a new one for $115, then you did real good. That is a killer price. Hopefully it is "in stock."
On occasion I see used ones going for about $80-100. Still a good price in my book, unless they're really beaten up.

On a side note, there's a 4-8 week wait time if your dealer orders them from Hoyt.

7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I get mine used for $115. On the pictures it looks like it is in really good shape. And the dealer told me he have to buy stabilizer and weight separate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.