Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at hanging another stand. What time of the day is best to do this? It's just going to be a hang-on stand. I was thinking noonish or late night. What do you all do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Best time to see a deer is at dusk or dawn. Best time to see a buck is the chase phase anytime during the day. SRM

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you were afraid of bumping deer I would hang the stand in the rain. It covers any noise hanging the stand, washes your scent away, and a lot of deer won't be up and about. Just my 2 cents.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,175 Posts
IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER
do yourself a favor and use this tip:
when you get to your spot ,start talking so that the deer can hear you ,make some noise
let them know your coming into their home!
reason why:
they can react to your presents long before you could see them ,they will sneak away or if he's an old buck and he knows where your at ,or going ,he'll just lay there and watch and listen to you make noise and they can handle that pressure ,better than you sneaking up on them.
they are going to the next county if you jump one from his bed with out him hearing or seeing you.
i've done it lots and lots of times over the yrs. and this i can tell you,when you go back, even that evening, i can't tell you how many times i've had bucks walk over, to that tree i'm in, to see, what that human was doing over there, earlier in the day.
oh ...you do sneak back in, when your going to hunt ,of course.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think it depends. If you are hanging it by a bedding area, you may want to do it at night. If you are hanging it in a food area or travel corridor, I would do it midday...

·
Banned
60 Posts
statistics show that more people take big bucks from about 10 to 2...

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a timber about 50 yards from a timberline/hedgerow/ditch and I'm going to put a stand in the timeberline/ditch. I think the deer are using this short jaunt to go from bedding to food as they head towards the ditch, there is a huge cornfield on the other side. I have another post called "How would you hunt this?"..thats what i'm planning on doing if you look at that post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts