Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really liked rubber boots but I think that I am going to give them another try. I want rubber boots and a set of pack boots. What should I buy?

·
74,535 Posts
ONly Rubber Boot I can wear

Is the MUck Boots. Tried them all and this one works for me. Heavy load there carring.:tongue:

·
Registered
573 Posts
My friend talked my to Lacrosse Alpha Burley Sports this year...I am like you, not a big fan of rubber boots. I have worn them a couple of times just checking my cameras and stuff and they are pretty quiet and comfortable. I got mine at cabelas for about $119...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Try the Muck Woody Armor Premium Hunting Rubber Boot this is by far the best rubber boot on the market. They feel better then my Nike 360's ($160.00)

As far as pack boots I have a pair of the LaCrosse Extreme PFT. They are for extreme cold weather and they feel great on your foot.

Archermike

·
Registered
882 Posts
boots

I wear Muck boots, my wife wears Muck boots, and all my friends wear Muck boots. I believe their may be a story there...

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind my feet and hands alway freeze...well I freeze all over sometimes. I am a skinny fellow :tongue:

·
Registered
824 Posts
The Muck Woody Armor boots are rated to -20 degrees (Woody Max is rated -40) and the LaCrosse are rated to -150 degress if your feet freeze in those boots something else is wrong :wink:

Archermike

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Muck Boots Woody Max for cooler temps, for cold weather I bought a pair of Schnee's www.schnees.com pac boots. I get really cold feet and last year was the first time I could stay completely comfortable. I bought the 13 inch extreme boots. I actually use an extra felt insole in the bottom of them. Toasty warm even on the coldest days last year.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Is the Muck Boot Woody Max a boot you could wear all year or only for late year? Do Muck Boots fit well around your ankle like other ankle fit rubber boots?
Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Around here almost everyone wears Muck boots.

Dave

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Diamond_Victory said:
Is the Muck Boot Woody Max a boot you could wear all year or only for late year? Do Muck Boots fit well around your ankle like other ankle fit rubber boots?
Thanks

For me, there isn't a boot that can be worn all year. I have non-insulated leather for when its really warm, the Muck boots for cooler temps and then the pac boots for really cold. The Mucks are very form fitting. They are the only rubber boots I like.

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
I like my Alpha Burly Sports. They are the uninsulated version which is fine for North Texas.

Scott

·
Registered
824 Posts
Diamond_Victory said:
Thanks
I bought a pair of the Muck Woody Armor boots they fit very well like I said before They feel better than my Nike 360's that I paid $160.00 for and they will give your ankle the support they need. The comfort range is from 70 to -20 degrees I also have a pair of the Muck Woody Max and it's a little warmer boot for you guys in the North Country with a comfort range of 60 to -40 degrees

They also feel better than my Danner Pronghorn's with just a little less ankle support

The Muck boots don't feel like any other rubber boot on the market. I sometimes forget I have a rubber boot on when I'm climbing hills are climbing into a tree stand ect...

Archermike

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
westksbowhunter said:
LaCrosse Alpha Burly or Burly.
If your feet get cold try the Lacrosse 1200's. I love all my Lacrosse boots. I've heard good things about Muck boots also, but have no use to try any other kind:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well as a outdoorsman from Alaska I know a little about fowl or foul weather and all items mentioned are excecllent. Carefully base yor insulation decision on temperatures and activity level. If your hiking in them choose a snug uninsulated or light insulated boot. Stationary go a little looser and 1000 or more grams of thinsulate.Expect to pay more like $100 to $150 rather than $50 for a good pair. Muck's are excellent and as always you get what you pay for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts