1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
120 CARP
1,514 Posts
or try the winners choice weather tamer

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
I'm lookin to get on for my 2010 Z28. It's got a slight buzz (stock one) to it. I've been hearing that the Winners Choice cable slide is of good quality.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts

·
OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,444 Posts
Slide

The best slide I have ever used is a Bomar cable slide they sell them in black or clear and they have outlasted everything else I have ever tried.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
Thanks Hoythunter01 for the reviews! I hadn't heard any negativity about Winners Choice untill that. I guess I'll look more at a Saunders, Hoyt, Bomar, or Alpine. No biggie choosing right this moment because I'm just shooting the bow to get it settled in. That gives me more time to get some more opinions.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Skip the Alpine slide...There have been problems with them eating cables too. Athens started out putting the Alpine slides on their bows but now have changed to the Saunders since the Alpines caused cable wear over time. The stock Hoyt slides have always been good ones to me but now days I use the Saunders and have good luck with them...I've had issues with the Winners Choice slides over the years too so I avoid them now.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
Skip the Alpine slide...There have been problems with them eating cables too. Athens started out putting the Alpine slides on their bows but now have changed to the Saunders since the Alpines caused cable wear over time. The stock Hoyt slides have always been good ones to me but now days I use the Saunders and have good luck with them...I've had issues with the Winners Choice slides over the years too so I avoid them now.
I hope the O.P. doesn't get P'd for me hijacking his thread?
I guess I'm down to Saunders and Hoyt? Any vibration or noise to speak of?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I bought a Saunders and had great luck with it on my Tribute. The one down-side to it is that it leaves roller track marks on the cable guide. However, I never had any issues with it eating cables and it made the bow quieter as the original slide had a slight buzz to it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I use the Hicks Tournament slide and it is geat, but does restrict cable clearance, and I use it on my dropaways cock out. For my launcher rest I use the Saunders with great success. All are on Bowtechs which have cable clearance issues to begin with.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
The Sims Slide. I have put them on every bow and will continue to

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I use the Saunders Hyper Glide slide too. No problems at all with my string or cable. The Hoyt stock slide is also a great slide. Oh, stay away from the Winners Choice slide...it eats strings and cables faster than Pac Man!!! I had first hand experience with that one big time!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sims Limbsaver. I put one on every new bow before anything else. Keeps cable wear to abo****e minimum.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts